Tuesday, January 23, 2007

State of My Union

George Walker is giving his cowboy speech State of the Union Address at the moment. I watched the first part of it, but now I can only listen from afar. I find that my blood pressure rises considerably when I watch him speak. Bastard.

But there was that beautiful moment when, for the first time in U.S. history, the melodious words were spoken at a national address:

"Madam Speaker..."




I will admit publicly that I teared up a little. Hey, I'm probably PMS-ing.


Anyway--


Look at this beautiful bundle of joy:





Yes, it's my bed. Yes, I realize it's weird that I just posted a picture of my bed, but it's NEW!


I bought it this weekend and had my first glorious night in it last night and it was heaven. It was a very adult purchase, I must admit. I decided to forgo a new digital camera or the lambskin rug in favor of this much more luxurious item.


It's fantastic. No buyer's remorse whatsoever.


Jane was pretty ticked when I had to shut her in the bathroom when the guys came to set it up. As I was shutting the door the bed-man looked past me and said "Holy shit! Is all that yours??"


I turned to see what on earth he was talking about--


Oh. It was my outrageous jewelry collection:









"Kyle! You gotta check out this girl's jewelry!"


[No, I'm not kidding]


So Kyle comes in, and the two of them gawk at my stuff while I look in amazement that this is actually happening. They actually start discussing my taste in earrings.

"So...did you want me to leave you two alone?" I asked with only a hint of bitchy--

"Oh, yeah, sorry."

I'm the first to admit that yeah...maybe I have a little too much jewelry. But that's just how I am. A woman has a right to her jewelry.


Ahem.


OK, I'm done now.


I leave you this---my Jane, looking quite tuckered out after the ordeal of having to change beds. Oh! It's so hard to be a cat!


5 comments:

AnonymousBlogger said...

I actually quite like the bed. I really like the colours. I like the fact that it is so bold.

I'm not a girl, so I don't know how much jewlery girls are supposed to have, but I would say you have a fair bit. Ha ha. Nothing wrong with that though.

Luz said...

Let's hear for our new Speaker! I debated on whether to watch the speech and in the end I did....just to see him address Madame Speaker Pelosi! Afterwards, I half listened to his ramblings...I lost count of how many times he mis-prounounced words! That's Dubya for you! BTW, love the bed!

Junniper, MPA said...

A/B---Yes, that was the best part about buying a bigger, better, bed! I got to get all new bedding, too! :)

Luz---It was a fabulous moment. His speech was ridiculous and completely flacid. What else is new.

Adam Solomon said...

Sooooo the bed picture kind of ran away.

I love bed. Mmm...bed.

madge said...

Congrats on your bed buy!
Your jewelry is so pretty...I see your cameo earrings! ;)