Monday, January 29, 2007

And I'm telling you...

Where did the weekend go?

It was so fantastically beautiful (albeit cold) this weekend—and the sunshine is still upon us today! Not only that—it’s supposed to stick around for several days!






My favorite kind of day: sunny & cold.

::::::

OK, so I saw Dreamgirls this weekend. Originally, my friends and I were going to go see Stranger Than Fiction, but we changed our minds at the last minute.

Several things about Dreamgirls: 1. Beyonce didn’t bug me as much as she usually does on an everyday basis. 2. Eddie Murphy can actually (gasp!) act. 3. Jamie Foxx is so damn cute and I just hate that he’s a punk in the movie. And 4. Jennifer Hudson was absolutely-freaking-phenomenal. Phenomenal, people. All that hype? It’s completely warranted. She’s fantastic.




Of the two friends I went with, one gave it a B- grade and the other one said it was the worst movie she had ever seen. But we all agreed that Hudson was incredible.

::::::

I ordered my bridesmaid dress for my friend’s wedding this July. The dress isn’t too bad, and trying it on was great because unlike last July’s disaster wedding, the dress is well made and actually lined! I had to plunk down 90 bucks, but my friend is worth it.


And instead of wearing awful white flip flops, we get to choose silver shoes of our liking. That way my friend who prefers stilettos can be happy and tall, and I can get a sensible 3-incher and we’ll both be happy! So I’m on the hunt for silver strappy sandals, I think.

Oh darn, I have to buy another pair of shoes.

::::::

I also must add that this day is now totally mishmashed because I just realized I forgot to put earrings on this morning, so now I feel naked and incomplete. Time to go back to bed.
::::::
Tristan posted this website on his blog—

Find meaning behind your birthday!

So mine, October 19, 1981 gives the following info:

You were born on a Monday
under the astrological sign Libra.
Your Life path number is 3.
Life Path Compatibility:
You are most compatible with those with the Life Path numbers 3, 6 & 9.
You should get along well with those with the Life Path numbers 1, 2, 5 & 11.
You are least compatible with those with the Life Path numbers 4, 7, 8 & 22.

As of 1/29/2007 4:47:26 PM EST
You are 25 years old.
You are 303 months old.
You are 1,319 weeks old.
You are 9,233 days old.
You are 221,608 hours old.
You are 13,296,527 minutes old.
You are 797,791,646 seconds old.

Celebrities who share your birthday:
Chris Kattan (1970)
Ty Pennington (1965)
Evander Holyfield (1962)
John Lithgow (1945)

There are 263 days till your next birthdayon which your cake will have 26 candles.

The moon's phase on the day you wereborn was waning gibbous.

There was also this site that tells you about your name!

Mine: Jennifer

What your first name means:
Welsh: Female Fair one. Variant of Guinevere. In Arthurian Mythology Guinevere was Arthur's queen.
English: Female Fair one. Variant of Guinevere. In Arthurian Mythology Guinevere was Arthur's queen.
Cornish: Female Fair and yielding. Variant of Guinevere.
Celtic: Female White wave.
Arthurian Legend: Female Variant of Guinevere: Fair one. Guinevere was King Arthur's mythological queen.

Your number is: 9 [Which is totally weird because my favorite number is nine!!]
The characteristics of #9 are: Humanitarian, giving nature, selflessness, obligations, creative expression.
The expression or destiny for #9:The expression that you exhibit is represented by the number 9. Your talents center in humanistic interests and approaches. You like to help others as you were intended to be the 'big brother or big sister' type. You operate best when you follow your feelings and sense of compassion, and allow yourself to be sensitive to the needs of others. You work well with people, and have the potential to inspire. This suggests that you could successfully teach or counsel. Creative ability, imagination and artistic talent (often latent) of the highest order are present in this expression. It's possible that you're not using or developing all of these capabilities at this time. Some of your talents may have been used at an earlier time in your life, and some may still be latent. Be aware of your capabilities, so that you can make use of them at appropriate times.
If you are able to achieve the potential of your natural expression in this life, you are capable of much human understanding and have a lot to give to others. Your personal ambitions are likely to be maintained in a very positive perspective, never losing sight of an interest in people, and a sympathetic, tolerant, broad-minded and compassionate point of view. You are quite idealistic, and disappointed at the lack of perfection in the world. You have a strong awareness of your own feeling as well as those of others. Friendships, affection, and love are extremely important.
Undeveloped or ignored, the negative side of the 9 expression can be very selfish and self-centered. If you do not actively involve yourself with work that benefits others, you may tend to express just the opposite characteristics. It is your role to be very involved with other people and their needs, but it may be difficult for you achieve this role. Aloofness, lack of involvement, and a lack of sensitivity mark the low road of this expression.
Now I know that these things are written to be very general to fit anyone, but that’s pretty damn close! :)
What can I say...I'm easily amused.

10 comments:

AnonymousBlogger said...

I've heard a lot of talk about Dreamgirls. I don't think I'll ever see it because it looks like a girlie movie (actually, I will be forced to see it at some point) but it must be great to get all the hype.

When I read about the dress, I knew you would find a way to buy a new pair of shoes. Are you telling me that out of the several hundred shoes you currently own, not one pair matches that dress?

McBean said...

That's the exact bridesmaid dress I picked out for my wedding! Only mine is the wine color (it's like a deep eggplant color).

I'm letting the less endowed bridesmaids wear a strapped dress if they want to though, because I am not busty and I understand strapless dress fears.

Junniper, MPA said...

A/B--Hardy har har. And no, I actually don't have a pair of silver heels. And I (unfortunately) don't have hundreds of shoes--I would like to, though! ;)

Alison--Too funny! I know it's a popular style, so I'm not surprised. I like the eggplant color--I saw that at David's. When is your wedding?

madge said...

The best days are sunny and cold, you're right! Currently, it's 46 degrees in So. Fla and clear. Heaven!

Your bridesmaid dress is very cute - you got lucky for sure!

I will visit that website! I know by heart that I too was born on a Monday, two years before you...on October 29th! (Interesting internets factoid: You & Tits McGee have the same birthday!)

Tristan Pipo said...

For the name did you use your full name? I got different results if I left out my middle name.

Good times. Gotta love having a very bizarre middle name that starts with J.

Time to get to work.

McBean said...

The wedding is November 9, so it's going to be all fall-like.

Junniper, MPA said...

Madge---October babies are the best!!

Tristan---first I tried my full name (first, middle, last) but the only info that came up was for my first name, so I just did that. I don't know why Lynn didn't work--it's a ridiculously popular middle name.

Alison---Love fall weddings. Exciting!

Adam Solomon said...

Ugh. Stop making your posts so damn long. Some of us have college, y'know!

Matt Black said...

Dang, 90 bucks?! Well, I guess that's about the cost of a tux rental... I guess it could be way worse...

Cristina said...

Ooh, that dress looks fabulous! :D Very elegant.