Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A Beautiful Pea-Green Boat

I would like to thank the Academy…

I was just looking over the Oscar nominations, and I’m very pleased to see that Little Miss Sunshine (the best movie of 2006) got a Best Picture nod, as did Abigail Breslin, AKA “Superfreak.”



I don’t think it will win, but it might be a dark horse. I think Scorsese will finally take home Best Director (it’s about time, too). My money is on “Babel,” even though I haven’t seen it. “The Queen” might have a close shave yet, though.

I love that I act like I know what I’m talking about.

Did anyone see Salma Hayek and that other guy announcing the nominees? It was pretty run-of-the-mill boring, but when the Best Actress nominations were announced, Salma Hayek was adorable when Penelope Cruz was announced as a nominee:



(You only have to watch the first teeny bit of the video to see her reaction)

Some people are saying that she was dumb and unprofessional, but I thought it was sweet! They are well-known friends and are both Latina powerhouses, so why wouldn’t she be excited for her?? And no, gentlemen, I’m very sorry to tell you they are not a lesbian couple.

::::::

In other news, I got my allergy test results back to see why on earth my sinuses got so out of control.

Yeah. I tested negative for everything.

This annoys me greatly. I want to know why it got so bad that I had to have damn surgery. It’s not enough for me to know that it will get better now. I want to know why it was messed up in the first place!!

Grr. I’m going to demand that we do more tests—after all, the first one wasn’t exhaustive. It just tests for the most common allergies, and I am clearly a freak so I should have a freak allergy.

::::::

But when life gets you down, especially on January 24th, you can always visit YouTube and find yourself a funny cat video.

Enjoy.

7 comments:

Cristina said...

Allergy tests are rubbish!

(Said with the authority of someone who spent a year of her life not eating chocolate because she was supposedly allergic to it.)

Junniper, MPA said...

Gasp! You should sue!!

Matt Black said...

haha that cat video was hilarious.

Adam Solomon said...

Oooh I bet they're lesbi--

oh

:(

AnonymousBlogger said...

I see Children of Men up for only 2 nominations which makes me sick. If they won't win both of those awards, I will be very disappointed. You will know what I am talking about when you see the movie for yourself.

Let's get down to the bottom of your alergies here. I'm afraid, if we don't find out the cause, will could run into a similar problem in the future.

madge said...

Wow - I had the same experience with chocolate as Christina!

Tristan Pipo said...

Chocolate? I have never been a fan of that stuff. I like it in something on occasion but anything more than that is way to much.

I must say the cat video without the music is much better on mute.

Good Times!