Friday, July 28, 2006

Go, Jon! You get yours!

OK, so here's some insight into just how silly I am.

I love Garfield. I have since I was a kid. I had Garfield everything (sheets, blankets, toys). Obviously I don't have the sheets or toys anymore, but I do still love that fat orange cat. In fact, even though she's not orange, Jane reminds me an awful lot of Garfield.

Anyway, Garfield is still one of my favorite comic strips in the morning.

And THIS IS BIG NEWS!!!





A few weeks later.....


























Yay Jon! For those of you who aren't Garfield weirdos like me, Jon is one of those guys who is lonely and never gets dates and he's been hot after Liz the Veterinarian for years. And I mean years. Garfield started in 1978, and he's been chasing her tail ever since. Usually she's cold and kind of bitchy, but apparently she has decided to come around!!

Now that last strip is from today. If I open my newspaper tomorrow and it was all a dream, I am going to be PO'd!

Have a fabulous weekend everybody!

2 comments:

Tristan Pipo said...

Well that was an interesting use of my lunch hour =)

Well a portion of it anyways. It's always cool when cartoons get action. They can be crazy cat people together.

AnonymousBlogger said...

Congrats to Jon, and I loved Garfield dressed as the busboy. Great stuff.

Could this be the beginning of the end for the comic strip though?