Thursday, February 01, 2007

Yowza

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows comes out July 21st.

Yikes!

And in a very illustrative example of my prime nerdiness I was immediately disappointed because my friend's wedding is that day so I will not be able to march out and buy it and proceed to read the whole thing over the weekend without leaving my apartment lest the climactic ending of the book be uttered in my presence before I have read it.

*ahem*

ANYWAY, the world is a little less funnier today, and a little less liberal. Molly Ivins has lost her battle with breast cancer.





I met this woman in 2002, and she was a firecracker.

::::::

This video makes me laugh every time I watch it:


You kinda gotta give the guy some credit...at least the sleaze has a sense of humor.

::::::

And I'm going to apply to participate in the National Education for Women's Leadership program in Oregon this summer. It's a six-day extensive program to introduce women to leadership opportunities, so I'm really excited about it. It's not guaranteed that you'll get in, though, so I do have to take that into account. They don't accept everyone, it's pretty competetive. So keep your fingers crossed for me! :)

MUAH!

11 comments:

Tristan Pipo said...

Ummmm some white guy pretending to be a rich black hip hop star. Seems to be most of the kids now days strive to be that.

Much Luck to you getting into your leadership program.

Harry Potter I should probably read those books. BN sent me an e-mail that I should preorder.

AnonymousBlogger said...

No doubt you will get in. You're working on your Masters degree for goodness sakes. You are exactly who they should be accepting.

I have a feeling Harry is going to die in the next book, and kids everywhere will go into a depressing state of denial.

madge said...

When I think of Harry, I think of nipples.

You will get in!

Adam Solomon said...

I'm so sorry!!!

About the wedding thing, that is.

Good luck on the conference!

Anonymous said...

Argh! I will be immersed in wedding stuff. What anguish not to be able to get lost in it!

Junniper, MPA said...

Tristan--I am shocked that you haven't read the HP books. They really are good.

A/B--I will be one of the kids in denial if Harry kicks off.

Madge--Please explain.

Adam--Smart ass.

Cristina--Yes, but your wedding will be lovely when it's all put together!

Cristina said...

Yeah well... it has to be VERY lovely now to compensate for it :P

I hope your friend's not a fan too. She has it worse.

Matt Black said...

That K-Fed video is hilarious.

Not sure how nipples and harry go together....

madge said...

Allow me to explain.

Gasp!

I know, he isn't Harry Harry, but the nipples are certainly there.

Junniper, MPA said...

Madge--- OH MY GOD! I am now scarred. And I am highly disturbed to say that a 17 year old is pretty ripped!

Sarah said...

If he's ripped he's ripped!