Monday, February 12, 2007

Peachy Keen

1. I’m pretty excited that we’ve already got a good pool of presidential candidates. This time last year I was very worried that we didn’t have anybody! Too soon to call who’s going to get the nod, but it should be an interesting race. If those elephants hold on to power, though, someone’s going to have some serious explaining to do.



He’s such a handsome fellow. And I would just like to state for the record that I liked him before he became Mr. Popular.

2. I was lecturing my cat last night about being a stubborn ass. She somehow has worms (gross!!) and she’s being difficult and won’t take her medicine. I keep telling her that if she doesn’t cooperate we’re going to have to go to the VET which she HATES. They’re scared of her, too. She’s even got a note in her file saying she’s a little shit difficult cat and needs several vet assistants present.


She’s such a cute little thing, though.

3. I have terrible taste in movies. I can watch just about anything and find some entertainment value. I feel sorry for those people who only watch movies to get some deeper meaning out of a film—they miss out on good laughs and brainless humor! My friend and I went and saw Because I Said So (chick flick!). We usually go out to dinner on Valentine’s Day but I have class on Wednesday so this was like our V-Day date. She’s mad I’m ditching her so she has already picked out the bottle of wine she will drink herself on Wednesday.


But the movie was pretty cute. And one the guys in it is scorchin! I mean, it’s a “romantic comedy” which of course always has the same plot “boy likes girl, boy dates girl, they break up for some reason, girl wants boy back, boy says no, eventually changes his mind, happily ever after.” But that’s why we watch them, isn’t it?

4. I had a follow-up doctor’s appointment today. Things are still healing well after the surgery, but he can tell that there’s some serious inflammation up there. This means I am very allergic to something, but because they’ve already tested me for everything they can test for, there’s no way to really know what it is out there. This annoys me greatly. So now I’m on a nasal steroid that I have to take twice a day, but it should help with the ridiculous sneezing and such. Eventually I’ll probably be able to get off the spray once I’m away from the allergen – which I really think is my job.


Time to sharpen that resume.


So. How was your weekend?

12 comments:

madge said...

To answer your question, Pioneer Place! And a store in FL when I first moved here...

Jane looks so much like my dude cat, D. Sergei. Really. They could be cousins. Same fluff, same white and black. Crazy!

I love Mandy Moore + Diane Keaton. I'm glad to know this film was cute.

Libraries breed allergies!

Junniper, MPA said...

I wonder if you worked there when my friend did! Tall skinny blonde guy named Casey?

madge said...

Hmmm. I quit working there in 2002. I am losing my memory! The name doesn't sound familiar...

Cristina said...

Oh, I'm really sorry to hear about your allergy. I hope the spray works at least.

Which brings me to how cute Jane is. Really, I don't usually like cats because I'm highly allergic to them but pictures of Jane are always lovely to see :D

Silence said...

As long as you like him as a candidate because of what he stands for and not because he is handsome. (I guess he couldn't star in a chick flick since he's not scorchin!) :)

I can watch movies without deeper meaning but only in certain moods. I prefer the ones that say something to me. But don't feel sorry for me.

Junniper, MPA said...

Hay, as I'm sure you'll realize if you continue reading my blog, politics are extremely important to me, and I wouldn't vote based on a person's looks.

Silence said...

Good to know, I'll keep an eye on that. :D . Americans just scare me sometimes when it comes to politics.. but then so do many danes.

Junniper, MPA said...

You shouldn't lump all Americans together.

Silence said...

Hehe, I try not to and most I've talked to have been quite intelligent and nice. As a nation you still do scary things though.

AnonymousBlogger said...

I like Obabma a lot and would love to see him Prez.

Too bad about the worms. Hopefully the kitty will smarten up and take the meds before the worm problem becomes a bigger problem.

Yeah, that movie got really bad reviews and I am surprised I know someone who actually watched it. What's the deal with Mandy Moore and girly movies? Will she ever do anything else?

The nose is givng you a lot of trouble and that is really too bad. There must be more tests that you can take so we can finally pinpoint the allergy. They can't tell me they have tested for EVERYTHING.

Junniper, MPA said...

A/B: Mandy Moore = Typecasting! :)

I know, the nose thing is ridiculous. But I really do think that once I leave this job, everything will be AOK.

And the problem with allergy testing is that they don't have the antogens (or some other medical term) to test for everything. So I might be allergic to a specific kind of carpet mold but they can't test for it because they don't have a method to do so. Or something like that. It made more sense when my doctor explained it! :)

Borya said...

I've seen a papparazzi pic showing Barrack Obama at a beach making visible that his belly is not that trained (upper part of upper body yes). It was stated that this could diminish his popularity among voters. Is that true?
Would he be a suitable vice-president under a president Clinton?