Friday, February 16, 2007

I ain't just whistlin' dixie

Items of note for Friday—

I was perusing Flickr this morning (I can’t remember why, there was a reason) when I came upon this photograph.


Isn’t that just stunning?? So beautiful. Taken by sduffy (who I don’t know, but is now my personal hero).

In other news, I ordered some “business cards” this morning. I don’t have actual business cards, and when I make public service connections, I want something to hand out that has my contact info on them. So I went to Moo and ordered 100 cards with the following photos on the back:


Pretty, huh? Maybe some day I’ll actually have real business cards!


Finally, if you need something to do, please go visit my new favorite site, which had me in stitches all afternoon. Definitely one to add to the sidebar!

One of my favorites for the day:

4PM Too-Much-Information Technology

Coworker: Thank you for calling ABC Tech Support*.
Can I have your name, please?
... While we're waiting for the information to come up in our system,
you wouldn't happen to know how they execute their criminals in China...?
I just ask because I heard that they sell the organs of condemned
criminals over there..

Houston, Texas

Overheard by: Glad I wasn't on the phone at the time


Have a fantastic weekend!

6 comments:

Silence said...

That's a really beautiful picture and really nicely done with whatever program used to make it perfect. It looks rather magical.

Adam Solomon said...

The reason was because you wanted to gaze upon beautiful Yale, duh! ;)

That picture is gorgeous btdubs.

Borya said...

hahaha, I visited Adam's blog after Jennifer's and thought the same regarding the comments : )

nice - unmanipulated - pix over there, ARS!

and that picture of the ship is cool work for sure.

Luz said...

Isn't Flickr wonderful--so many great photos & that is def one of them. Love the new web site--especially the one from Houston! ;-)

AnonymousBlogger said...

The business cards will serve a dual purpose.

Yes, "networking" is one of them. It will help your professional career.

But let's be honest. Next time you're in the bar, and you've had too much to drink, you're going to hand those cards out too. And why not? You never know what leads that kind of thing might bring.

Cristina said...

Those cards are going to look great!