Friday, February 23, 2007

She will purr while gouging your eyes out.


So Jane decided it would be a good idea to catch a parasite. I really have no idea how she managed this, seeing that she is an indoor cat. I will admit it freaks me out slightly. Well, in a perfect world, one would simply go to any store, buy some wormer medicine, and administer it to the cat. Voila! Problem solved.

Well, Jane doesn’t work that way. I tried a liquid, I tried a paste, and I tried a powder. The little punk would not take her medicine. Finally, I had to give up and take her to the vet.

Jane does not like the vet. She has notes in her chart warning vet techs and doctors about her behavior. I do not like taking her to the vet. It’s embarrassing.

This trip was no different. Because they just needed to pop a pill in her mouth, I didn’t have to see a doctor, just a tech in the back room. They even have this little plunger thing that is supposed to make administering the pill very simple:


No comments from the peanut gallery---yes, I know what that looks like.

Pill Number One: Plunger goes pop, Jane bites down, spits out the pieces and smacks the vet tech’s hand away. Very loud guttural sounds begin. Two vet techs hold her down. Other techs and doctors in the back room start gathering around to watch the spectacle.

Pill Number Two: Plunger goes pop three times, Jane gags up the pill and spits it out every time. Bends one of the tech’s fingernails back. Tech fights off tears. They get a towel to wrap her little weapons paws up. Jane hisses and spits and bitches and moans.

Now they figure it’s time to give up and just give her a shot. This also pisses Jane off, but they manage to get it in her and then toss her back in her carrier. A should-have-been a $5 trip turns into a $33 trip.


My cat is a Ninja.

9 comments:

Matt Black said...

Go Jane! Fight the man!

Tristan Pipo said...

Ahh Jane. I thought most indoor cats had their claws removed. I generally avoid all cats unless I have had some allergy meds. Otherwise I sneeze and my eyes swell shut and I turn all red. It's a good time.

Jane should get a fortress.
Trashcat Is not Amused

Curse blogger and no img tag.

Junniper, MPA said...

Maynard-- don't encourage her! :)

Tristan-- No no! Declawing cats is very bad! Trashcat would not like it, either.

Cristina said...

Hehe, she has a personality, that's for sure.

I hope she stays VERY healthy in the future.

Silence said...

I'm beginning to see who's the boss in your house. Like the name trashcat. :)

Tristan Pipo said...

Here is a picture of another cat leaving that same vet clinic.

All Is Lost Cat

Should have known that trouble was coming.

Luz said...

"My cat is a Ninja"....LOL! Chulo is known as Cujo!

AnonymousBlogger said...

It must run in the family because neither your nor your cat have simple, "in and out" visits to the doctor/vet.

There is always drama.

And that plunger looks like a tampon!!!!! Ha ha!!!!!

bella said...

Pets rule. We adjust. Hope she's better!