Friday, December 15, 2006

We're goin to the zoo, zoo, zoo

How about you, you, you?
You can come too, too, too,
We're goin to the zoo, zoo, zoo.



We began our adventure along the corridor of light--all was peaceful in the rain.





We soon came upon what appeared to be a wildlife colony, with a lovely blue stream flowing through it.






Upon closer look, we saw monstrous beasts crawling toward us! His jaws were chomping, but alas he could not reach us.



He soon turned his attention to a lovely elephant and her child. We were afraid the beast would try and attack them, but mom sprayed him with water!



Then the King of the Zoo arrived to save the day, and insisted that the beast control himself...after all, this is a family establishment.




I suspect this brave soul may be a relative of our dear Monkey.


::::::


So that was some windstorm last night, huh?? I haven't had a good one like that in years, so it was lovely. Miraculously, I only lost electricity for about a minute and half. But I had a lovely evening anyway listening to the wind howl.


::::::
And if I saw a deer with seven legs and both reproductive organs, I sure's hell wouldn't eat the damn thing.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That gorilla is no relative of mine. Ahem.

That display is so lovely! I love Christmas lights, in whatever shape or form. Thanks for the tour.

(This truly is Monkey. I had to create a google profile, because Beta is blocking my Blogger profile. Technology amuck, amock, ammucky.)

AnonymousBlogger said...

Great pics. I really like the gator. Or crocodile. I don't know what it is, but it looks cool.

Living in Portland is great I'm sure, but don't you wish you had snow during this time of year? It makes the Christmas lights that much nicer. Of course, you also have nice temperatures so it's a trade off ultimately.

Adam Solomon said...

I'm confused.

Luz said...

I do like that Gator photo as well. I did hear about the bad storm up in the Northwest but glad to hear that you fared well through it.

Junniper, MPA said...

Monkey--I apologize! He gave me this long tale about how he knew you. He must have been name-dropping. Manipulative Gorilla.

A/B--I love snow, but Oregonians just can't figure out how to drive in it. I'd rather have little flurries once in a while and then be able to go drive an hour to a mountain.

Adam--Yeah, the Ivy League can do that to you.

Luz--Yes, I was lucky. Unfortunately, a lot of people I know are still without power!

Cristina said...

Love the pictures! :)

madge said...

Awwww, shucks.

It's the Zoo Lights.

:)

Matt Black said...

You have power? Mine's still out...