Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Fiddlesticks

I had a really horrible dream last night. I dreamt that it was the day of my surgery, and I kept accidentally eating stuff, like a piece of toast or a sucker, and then freaking out because I’m not supposed to eat anything after midnight the night before the surgery.

So that was annoying in itself, but then I go in to have the surgery, and the receptionist is like, “Yeah, sorry—we’re not going to be able to do that today. You’ll have to reschedule for sometime in April.”

Needless to say, I was PO’d and started shouting obscenities. I guess I’m a total potty mouth in my dreams. So I ask the lady why we can’t do it and she’s like, “I don’t know, your doctor just didn’t want to.”

So I go hunting around the hospital and find him in a room making balloon animals for a bunch of kids. So I ask him what the deal is, and A) Why we’re not doing the surgery, and B) Why he didn’t call and tell me yesterday. And he says he just didn’t feel like it, so I go off again and say I’m going to find a new doctor. Then he says I can’t, or I’ll have to pay for it all myself.

OK, it may not sound like much, but it was really annoying. I mean, I’m not exactly looking forward to the surgery, but I’m so sick of snot, sinus headaches, coughing, and swollen eyelids in the morning (goddamn ethmoid sinuses) that I am ready to do ANYTHING to make it all go away.

Hrmph.

::::::

In other news, I’m still really really bored at work. So what does Jennifer do when she’s bored? She plays with Microsoft Paint!




I should do this for a living.

::::::

In other other news, I’m looking forward to Christmas—it’s my favorite time of year. I’ve had my radio tuned to the Christmas station since the day after Thanksgiving. I just love it because it’s a time when I get to spend time with my family (which sounds corny, but it’s true). I don’t get to see my grandpa, aunt & uncle, or cousins very often, so it’s always fun to get together on Christmas Eve to have general merriment! :) Not to mention I love watching my little brother and sister on Christmas morning—so much fun!
::::::

I am painfully bored here at work, so here’s a painfully boring survey that I filled out. If you are equally bored, please fill it out for yourself…it will give me something to read!!

1. Hi my name is...Jennifer
2. Never in my life have I...Done drugs
3. The one person who can drive me nuts...One person? Um, there's several.
4. Favorite Teacher?Of all time? That's tough... Byron Steiger (aka Mr. Burns)
5. When I'm nervous...I bite my nails
6. The last time I cried was...Yesterday I laughed so hard that I cried!
7. If I were to get married right now my maid of honor/best man...Crappety crap. Can't they just all be my MOH?
8. My hair is...Getting long!
9. When I was 5...My grandma died
10. Last Christmas...I didn't put any presents on a credit card.
11. I should be...Working...but I have nothing to do.
12. When I look down I see...My keyboard...exciting stuff going on over here.
13. The craziest recent event was...Inexplicably finding a dead rat in my toilet.
14. If I were a character on 'Friends' I'd be...Monica
15. By this time next year...I will be able to breathe freely!
16. My current gripe...That I might be stuck with a famously psychotic professor next term.
17. I have a hard time understanding...Why Oregonians can't drive in the rain. I mean, we're Oregonians! Helllooooo!!
18. There's this girl I know who...Is going to be a fantastic teacher.
19. You know what the weather is going to be by... Remembering where I live. RAIN!
20. If I won an award, the first person I would tell would be...Probably my dad.
21. Take my advice...Don't go out walking when zombies are on the loose.
22. My ideal breakfast...French toast...alas I rarely have it.
23. If you visited the place I was born...You would be unimpressed.
24. I plan to visit someone...In Alaska in June!!
25. If you spent the night at my house....I'd have a fabulous air bed for you.
26. I'd stop my wedding if...My fiance cheated.
27. The world could do without...Unnecessary war.
28. I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than...Hold a spider.
29. Most recent thing that I have bought?I can't tell you, it's a Christmas present.
30. Most recent thing someone else bought for me...My friend got me a coffee mug in St. Louis.
31. My favorite blonde is...My little bro and sis.
32. My favorite brunette is...Me. I'm fantastic.
33. My favorite bald guy is...Um...Mr. Clean.
34. My middle name is...Lynn
35. This morning I...Begrudgingly woke up.
36. The animals I would like to see flying besides birds are...Giraffes. I mean, wouldn't that be funny?
37. Once, at a bar...I dealt with friends' bizarre escapades. Oh wait, that's more than once.
38. Last night I was...Watching "Bones." Booth is hot.
39. There's this girl I know that....Is getting married in July!
40: I don't know...The square root of 784,525,455.568
41. A better name for me would be...Jennifer, Princess of North Portland
42. If I ever go back to school I'll say..I'm in school.
43. my birthday is....October 19th
44. What I really want for Valentine's Day is…Flowers. I haven’t gotten flowers in a long time.
45. I'm wearing...My comfy purple sweater
46. Tomorrow I am...Going to my best friend’s for our annual dinner/gift exchange!
47. The last thing I ate was...A Clementine orange
48. I really want to learn...Everything.


5 comments:

Adam Solomon said...

WOW. That is skill. Seriously, how'd you make those reindeer?

And hey, fiddlesticks is MY expression, back off lady!

Where was the Adam Solomon tag btw?

AnonymousBlogger said...

Yeah, your Paint skills are actually quite impressive. The last two are nothing short of outstanding.

I will agree that seeing family is a very good part of Christmas. I'd say the best part.

Junniper, MPA said...

Thank you, thank you.

Great bordome allows me to hone my paint skills.

Borya said...

Nice how you describe the dream.

And as for # 8 of the survey: what about a new pic?

Tristan Pipo said...

I had to do #40 28,009.3816

And the Oregons not being able to drive I feel the same way about Washington. Screw those Californians heading north. There mothers were hamsters and their fathers smelt of elderberry.

Anyways nice paint work.

Alright I am done. Cheers! Happy Holidays!