Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Flakey

Boredom has overcome me. This is a major downside to working in an academic library—when the students aren’t in session, they run screaming from the library.

I have nothing to do, nothing to do, nothing to do. (Yes, you can probably expect mindless drivel like this all week).

But my coworker did email me this website, and I have been making e-snowflakes all afternoon. I also tried to make an “offensive snowflake” seeing as the website specifically says to keep them clean (What? I said I was bored). But even if you make them offensive as you cut, they don’t really turn out offensive—it’s just another design. But I challenge you to make a naughty one!



::::::

OK, now let me preface this by saying, yes, I know I am being completely ridiculous and yes, I’m happy with my grades, I know they are excellent.

BUT the stupid plus/minus system screwed over my 4.0! Two damn A-’s and one A and I end up with a 3.78. This is annoying to me. An A is an A dammit! And why is there no such thing as an A+? My A would have been an A+ if they existed and then I wouldn’t be quite as annoyed.

Bah. Humbug.

::::::

Also, I feel really bad for these guys, but seriously…what were they thinking?

::::::

My friends and I went to the Zoo Lights last night (in the pouring rain I might add). I’ll try to add some pics of the adventure tonight! Some turned out not half-bad.





PS: I want this shirt.


8 comments:

Adam Solomon said...

I tried making an offensive snowflake but it didn't work :(

Hmmmm...let's see...what did you not tag this post as...

Junniper, MPA said...

My mistake. :)

Adam Solomon said...

Aha! I am honored, m'dear. *bows*

AnonymousBlogger said...

I don't know if I'm supposed to feel bad for hikers to get lost or not. I mean, it's bad that they're missing, but isn't that the point too? To go out in the wildnerness and overcome it as an obstical? I don't know how to spell that word and even though I want that cool t-shirt, I'm clearly not worthy. Am I not good enough for anything in this world? LOL.

Unknown said...

I love that snowflake maker. I'm fairly hypnotized by it.

If you would like, I could "take out" the professors who doled out the minus. I have a dragon, and I'm not afraid to use him.

Blogger has hated me lately.

Signed,
Monkey

Matt Black said...

I agree... An A is an A. That's retarded.

madge said...

Oregon is the new black hole for the adventurous. I'm a little afraid to, errrrrr, come home.

Re: +/-; I know...my professors always made a big deal about not giving A+'s..."you are not as perfect as thou". Oh yeah? Well, kiss this you mofo!

Adam Solomon said...

Jenniper, you should simply remind your professor of Aristotle's famous axiom: A is A! ;)