Monday, December 18, 2006

Thank you, thank you...



That has a lovely ring to it, doesn’t it? I would just like to thank the academy for this honor. This will look excellent on my resume.

::::::

It is frosty this morning! Brrrrrrr!! I had to scrape off some major ice on my car this morning. And I have yet to take off my scarf. I tried to, but this horribly frigid ice blast hit my neck and I couldn’t do it.






A couple of my friends had a Christmas party on Saturday, and it was oh-so fun. Good food, good company, just good all around. It was my old coworker and her girlfriend, who just happens to be a chef. So needless to say, the hors d'oeuvres were fabulous. They also set up a primo bar with do-it-yourself mixers and such. It was an excellent idea.




The best part, though, is that every year they pick a charity or an organization and make that the “theme” of the party. Last year they chose the dog shelter where they adopted their pup, and instead of everyone bringing a hostess gift, they bring something for the shelter (like dog food, toys, etc.). This year, they chose p:ear, an organization that helps homeless & transitional youth. One way they do that is through art—so this year, we all brought art supplies for p:ear.

Full of warm fuzzies, no?

::::::

Is it Friday yet? Next week I'm on vacation!!

4 comments:

Cristina said...

Oh, that sounds like a great idea for the party :) Glad you had fun!

Everyone is on holidays next weeks... except for me!

AnonymousBlogger said...

It is always fun to listen to people who live on the west coast talk about how cold it is there. It really does entertain me ;)

That is actually a great idea for the Xmas party, and it really gets to the core of what Christmas is all about. Spending time with family/friends, and doing something good for other people. You accomplished both that night.

madge said...

Officially the best party idea ever me thinks.

You are the Time person of the year? I thought that was me?

Holy crap! We rule.

Luz said...

Heather & Madge rule with their words and a Christmas party brings Yule tidings in a special way. WE all rule thanks to TIME! May you and yours have a Merry Yule!