Monday, December 11, 2006

Is there any new business?

1. Good riddance to a violent dictator responsible for thousands of deaths and disappearances.



2. Two weeks left until Christmas. Yikes!

3. For my computer geek friends (you know who you are)--I need a suggestion for a FREE, RELIABLE internet browswer. I've had it with Internet Explorer at home. I downloaded the latest version and it's totally retarded. So can you recommend a browser that is easy to download and is SIMPLE to operate? Remember you're dealing with a simple-minded internet gal.



4. Macy's downtown store (formerly Meier and Frank) is closing for a year for renovations, which means all of the employees are being redistrubuted or given severence. My sister, of course, is a manager downtown, so she was vying for a management position at the HUGE Macy's at Southcenter Mall near Seattle. Well, she got it! So now she's moving up there, and starts the day after Christmas. Crazy, huh? So now I'll have to help her move (I hate moving, even if it's not me).

5. The Holiday is such a totally cute girly girly chick flick. Adorable. Ladies, go see it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

3. (Not a computer geek friend that I know of, but I will take a shot)...Er, Mozilla?

4. Hmmm. Bygone days. One of the Christmas in Portland traditions was the 11th floor (am I right, was it 11?) of Meier & Frank. That monorail ride? Santa? Heaven. I CAN'T WAIT TO BE IN PORTLAND! NEXT WEEK BABY!

Junniper, MPA said...

I know, it's so sad not to have the Christmas floor! That's where my sister first started working two years ago.

Now the monorail is gone, and they don't have a Christmas floor! :( The Christmas stuff is shoved into the corner of the third floor or some nonsense.

I welcome you back home! Enjoy your time here! I hope the weather is good for you, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

I must be one of the few people to say this who is definitely not affiliated with Microsoft but I'm in love with the new IE!

*hides*

Tristan Pipo said...

For The Web Browser. I can't believe your still using IE.

Mozilla Firefox v2.0 is the way to go.
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

It's about as simple as you can get. There is also Opera.

http://www.opera.com

Whatever your flavor. I am a Firefox guy have been since 2002.

Helping someone move to Seattle eh? =p

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh!! IE!!!!!!!!!!

*runs scared*

Download Firefox. Firefox!!!!

Anonymous said...

firefox all the way

Adam Solomon said...

Hi. That was me two posts back. Running scared and all. NO idea why it said anonymous.

Tristan Pipo said...

Testing from the world of google.