Friday, October 03, 2008

Oh You Betcha

MAN Sarah Palin bugs me.

I am glad for the sake of our global reputation that she sounded at least somewhat intelligent during last night's debate. And I'm sure her based looooved it. But the winks, the "darn its","doggone its", and "mavericks" make me want to vomit. Everywhere. Especially in her solidified hair.
























Also? I know people from Alaska, and they don't talk like that. I read an article the other day about "Where Sarah Palin Got Her Accent" and they said it was an Alaskan accent.

Um, no. Wasilla is just north of Anchorage, so unless Wasilla has its own little weird dialect, she's just got some wires crossed somewhere.

*** *** ***

In other news, the two badess menfolk that visited my last post after such a long hiatus both agree that dating stories are good.

So far, I don't have any good ones, except that I lost my mind and tried eHarmony. My friends would not let it go and insisted that I give it a shot, so I paid for it with a Visa gift card I got for graduation. Not particularly impressed. I don't know how they match people up, but I had some really bizarre people. Including at least two men who were SO in denial of their homosexuality while they toted how much they love Jesus.

Wowza.

I am chatting with this one guy, but we haven't been able to meet up yet.

So here's a question I pose to anyone who wanders through here. I have dealbreakers. My three dealbreakers are as follows: Must be voting for Obama, must believe in a Woman's Right to Choose, and must agree that gay marriage should be allowed in this country. Many other issues I can let slide, but these three I can't.

Is that unreasonable? I realize that the pool of eligible bachelors may dwindle because of these dealbreakers, but they're important to me. Say some guy and I really hit it off, fall in love, bla bla bla. I couldn't marry someone who would be threatened by the thought of a man marrying a man or a woman marrying a woman. He would think our union had less value simply because two homosexuals wed.

You know what I'm sayin?

2 comments:

Tristan Pipo said...

I don't consider those to be something that would turn a dude away. Well maybe the voting for Obama since both McCain and Obama are just different types of idiots and both are bad in my view.

In the homosexual realm I never really understood the concept of why anybody puts so much meaning behind the word marriage. It's two people wanting to be with each other so they form a type of corporation where they are no longer separate entities. They want to bring the law into their loving relationship and get a tax break. Sure good the government should have any say what you do with your genetials. Who really cares where you put them besides you?

Women's right to choose. Down for that totally. Again why should the government decide what you do with what you decide to do with your crotch? Your business not mine but if any women would like to show me their crotches I am all for it.

Sounds like eHarmony is a good place to avoid. I say do what you like meet some cool people enjoy life and have some fun.

In regards to a relationship you can't compromise yourself. Because you are just setting yourself up for failure in the future. Since your unhappiness for having to compromise will eventually get the best of you.

Good luck in your dating adventures looking forward to reading them.

Cheers!
-Tristan

Luz said...

SHE bugs me too!