Monday, October 06, 2008

Need Some Entertainment?

Movies these days are damn expensive. To make plans for dinner and a movie you gotta figure $20 for dinner (at least), $10 just to get in the movie, and if you want a drink? Forgetaboutit. Last time I went to a Regal Cinemas, I think a bottled water was like 4 bucks. I mean come ON.

Which is why I love this little theater by my house. They play first-run movies, and if you go before 5:30, it's only $4. Even if you go to the late show, it's only $6. PLUS, they serve pizza, beer, assorted candy and popcorn goodness, as well as other refreshing beverages. Where else can you go see a new movie, get a snack and a drink, and pay only 10 bucks?

Plus it's in an old historic building that's just very charming.

My friend and I went and saw Eagle Eye there on Saturday, and I thought it was pretty good. Keep in mind I am easily entertained in the movie world, but I thought it was a good action/thriller sort of combo. Plus Shia LeBeouf is adorable. Though I wasn't a big fan of the facial hair thing.



How about you? Seen any good movies lately?

No comments: