Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A/B Said it Best

I am a big tease.

I had these grand plans of posting an update and then that went the hell out the window, didn't it?

Sigh.

So how did I get here. That is the question. Where the hell have I been? What have I been doing? Have I lost my mind?

Actually, I just got my mind back. I am DONE with school. DONE, people. Graduated. Cap. Gown. Master's Hood. The whole shebang. Now if only the university weren't so slow and would get my diploma printed already, I'd be a happy camper. It doesn't really feel real until you have that multi-thousand-dollar piece of paper, you know?

In other news, still loving the job. Yes, the one that caused me to pretty much abandon all blogging. But you know, today I have decided to break the rules, and post at work. Gasp! BAD public employee, BAD! But OSHA says I should take a 15 minute break for every 4 hours of work, right? See, I'm just following the rules.

So what's new out there in Blog Land? I have noticed that I'm not the only culprit who has slowed on the blogging front, so that makes me a little less lame, right? No? OK, fine.

I haven't blogged in eons, and I can't think of anything to say. My little sister started middle school this year which makes me feel like an OLD WOMAN. Not to mention the fact that I will be 27 next month. Yowza. That's damn close to 30, isn't it? I decided to make an attempt at breaking back into the dating world, so if you know any fabulous men in Portland, hook a girl up, would you? (Must be voting for Obama, must kill spiders for me, must like stupid movies...I don't ask for much).

I went on vacation in July to visit Bridezilla in Indiana. That was an experience. Had never been to the midwest before. I said "bitch" in front of this 40-something lady, and I thought she was going to have a heart attack. But I did get to visit 3 states I'd never been to: Indiana, Ohio, and Illinois. My friend and I drove up to Chicago, which I looooved. Apparently, I really am a city mouse.

For graduation, my dad and I are going to DC--another place I've never been. Hopefully there will be a significant regime change when I visit in the Spring.

35 days until the election, people. Here's hoping.










I would say something like, "I'll try to post more often," but we all know I'm a dirty liar.
And A/B, now you get your own label:

2 comments:

AnonymousBlogger said...

LOL the update! My feet are cold. Hell must have frozen over.

Great to hear you're done school. Doesn't it feel good to me done? But now it's all work work work, but that's a great thing because you like your job, so yay!

I think you should update the blog, as news of your ventures back into the dating world comes about. It makes for good reading. Especially when we get to the happy ending.

See, it feels good to blog again. Everyone needs some time off. And you've certainly had your share. I guess I have too.

Tristan Pipo said...

Ah Ha! I take the time to finally update my blog yesterday after months. Then come to find you have as well. Sweet!

Yes dating details are always good. Can be rather comical.