Thursday, August 17, 2006

Pay no attention the man behind the curtain!

First, I must start by saying this is totally crazy. I am shocked that this case might be solved. I mean ten years. I was 14. Just wild.

And I must say, holy Creepy Creeperton:




And, it looks like one of my favorite little villages in Ecuador is covered in ash. I visited Banos twice while I was there, and just loved that little town. We even rode horses up to the volcano (which in retrospect was not the best idea). Although the article doesn’t specifically mention Banos (other than the picture) I’m still worried because Banos is literally at the base of the mountain. I have a picture of me somewhere standing on the side of the volcano with the city down below me. That makes me sad.



On a lighter note, I’m taking a vacation day tomorrow! Yay! My friends and I are headed for a girls weekend at the beach where we will drink cocktails and check out cute boys playing volleyball. Well, that’s the plan anyway. I’m ready to escape work for a bit, even if it’s only for a few days.

And A/B, I'm sorry I don't have juicier gossip for you about my friend, but I really don't. We never went that route--he had a girlfriend when we met. Not to mention he lives on the other side of the country. AND I haven't seen him in three years. But if any of that changes, you'll be the first to know. ;)

In other news, a professor stopped by the library today to return a piece of work she borrowed from the library about six years ago. This library for the most part has really crappy art. And I guess six years ago they knew it was crappy because they were all in a closet somewhere. So this professor rescued it from the closet and put it up in her office.

Anyway, she returned it today, and I looked at it…did a double-take. It is an original Salvador Dali! It’s a lithograph of some kind because it’s numbered, and it’s even SIGNED. SIGNED, people. I started freaking out immediately, which in turn freaked out my coworkers because they didn’t understand why I think this is so freaking cool. [They must not have noticed the two Dali posters I have up in my office].

The professor thought I was funny and said, “you know, I think there’s two more floating around the library somewhere.”

WHAT!?!

So she and I went on a little hunt and sho nough there are TWO MORE signed lithographs by Salvador-freakin-Dali. And they’re seriously in some back random ass corner where no one ever goes! I was like, “Dudes, I think these would look better in my office…” But I got denied.

But there are three Dalis where I work.

I think that makes me special.

4 comments:

AnonymousBlogger said...

Will this be as big as OJ? I hope not. I'm already sick of it.

How can the library let a Dali just go like that? For 6 years?

And why has no one noticed that there are TWO IN THE LIBRARY???

Just steal them. By the sounds of it, they won't notice.

Junniper, MPA said...

I seriously considered it.

And I'm not kidding that they hung them up on a back wall where no one ever goes! Except maybe those kids who want a thrill by making out in the library.

AnonymousBlogger said...

Except maybe those kids who want a thrill by making out in the library.
The super-cool kids no doubt.

Luz said...

Laughing @ "Holy creepy creeperdom"! The whole thing is sick! Didn't you have a friend in Ecuador? I did but not sure where he lived. It is sad to hear.