Thursday, August 10, 2006

Bad news, bombs, and books

Tragedy has struck. My shoes don’t fit. I don’t really understand why, either! I have some of the same designer’s shoes and they fit fine. So I’m going to return them and order a different pair (I’d get the next size up, but there isn’t one).

Sigh.

In other news, Matt Lauer is my hero for this interview. And the President of BP looks like an even bigger asshole.

And I hope the US takes notes from GB on how to foil terror plots BEFORE they are carried out. And Bush, don’t act like you’re the one who foiled it. Idiot.


And I thought this little survey was cute—and I’m tagging all of you to fill it out, too!


One Book

One book that changed your life:
The Diary of Anne Frank



One book that you’ve read more than once:

Jane Eyre


One book you’d want on a desert island:
War & Peace—that’s probably the only way I’d get through it—on a desert Island.



One book that made you laugh:
The Idiot-Girls Action Adventure Club



One book that made you cry:
The Kite Runner



One book that you wish had been written:
Stay the Course: The Impeachment of George W. Bush



One book that you wish had never been written:
Catcher in the Rye. (Sorry, I can’t stand that book.)



One book you’re currently reading:
Classics of Public Administration (yes, I’m a dork, I want a head start on school.)



One book you’ve been meaning to read:
I have a pile. Next on the list is The Bronte Project.



Now tag five or six people:
Tag! You’re it!

7 comments:

AnonymousBlogger said...

Indeed kudos to the Brits for a job well done on that one.

The ban of liqids seems like overkill though.

the Diary of Anne Frank was a great read. Truly a classic, and one that will be read for decades, maybe centuries.

Luz said...

I too saw the Matt Lauer interview! The BP President looked sounded pathetic! Unfortunately, Dubya Bush, will find some way to take credit for foiling the terror plot! As for the books...decisions, decisions. I just finished the Da Vinci code and loved it. Before, that I had finished Memoirs of a Geisha! Loved it! A book that I could read over and over would be, Dirty Girls Social Club, by Alicia Valedes. STILL remember and loved, "The Bridges of Madison County" and "The Horse Whisperer". I'm with you on "War & Peace" and "The Impeachment of GWB". I too have a big pile to make my way through...and it keeps on growing. Of course, it would help if I spent less time online and read more!

Junniper, MPA said...

A/B - Yeah, the liquids thing is annoying. Now if you want something to drink on the plane you have to spend 5 bucks for a bottle of water!

Luz - Did you read Angels & Demons? I actually liked it a little better than Da Vinci Code. And I LOVED Memoirs of Geisha, AND Dirty Girls Social Club! I don't think I know anyone else who's ever read it--that's awesome! Great book.

AnonymousBlogger said...

I think this whole thing was planned by the suits at Dasani. I bet we'll see their bottled water on all airplanes now.

Victor said...

Wow, Matt Lauer's not usually a "kick ass" kind of news-dude! So, BP invests "$70 M per year on integrity management"? That must mean "PR and image control".

Mmmmm, can't think of a book I've actually read twice... is that odd?

bella said...

I couldn't believe Kite Runner - I don't think I ever read a book that fast! A book that I find myself reading more than once is Skipping Christmas. In fact, it's in my pool bag and I've been reading it when I'm at the pool. It's hysterical! Didn't see the movie though - the commercials didn't look like it did it justice, but I could be wrong.

Cristina said...

Very tempting meme! Let's see if I remember doing it once I'm back home :)