Monday, August 13, 2007

Tales of my airheadedness

So my passenger side window in my car decided to stop working several weeks ago. It had been pretty slow to go up and down since I bought the car, but it worked so it was all good.

One day, it just didn’t want to go down anymore.

I figure the motor is dead and I need to replace it.

And that is spendy.

So I haven’t been able to afford to take her to Honda to get it fixed yet, which isn’t a big deal because the driver’s side window and the sunroof work, and that’s all that really matters. :)

::: :::

So I have Bridezilla and her husband in my car on Saturday, and he tries to roll the window down.

“Sorry, it’s broken.”

He looks over at me. “Well, your button is off.”

“What?”

“Your button. You need to turn it on.”

At this point I have zero idea what he’s talking about. He points at a switch on my door that says “MAIN” and then “on” and “off.”

I flip it to the “on” position.

Bzzzzzzzzzzst. Window goes down.

What. The. Hell.

I don’t even know what that switch did, not to mention how on earth I turned it off! I swear I could not stop laughing for like 20 minutes. I guess I hit it on my way out the door? Who knows.

But now we know that “childproof” windows also mean Junniper Proof.

All I have to say is…I’m glad I was saved the embarrassment of showing up at Honda for them to flip the switch for me.

Why do I feel sheepish? ;)

2 comments:

Luz said...

Ahhh, Junniper you never cease to make me laugh! ;-) That almost happened to me with my freaking child proof doorlocks. Thankfully, my brother is an auto mechanic and he took a look at the doors before I headed to the dealership. I still get kidded about that one!

AnonymousBlogger said...

LOL. Hey, in your defense, what kind of label is "MAIN"? What the hell does that mean? It's a child lock. They should just call it that, damnit.