Monday, August 20, 2007

Kill the Wabbit.

I had a very productive weekend. I cleaned out my closet (resulting in 3 bags for Goodwill—many of these were handbags I don’t use), cleaned out my bathroom (why did I have 700 almost-empty shampoo bottles?), and finally cleaned out the closet under my stairs. I’ve been meaning to do it all summer, but I had horrible visions of being attacked by spiders and who knows what else, so I put it off and put it off, and I finally MADE myself do it this weekend.

Miraculously enough, there were no spiders!

But before I got started, I was reading the paper, had some coffee, and turned on the tube to see what’s on. Now, I only get a few channels because I think cable rots the brain, and “Saturday Morning Cartoons” were on. What is this world coming to, I would like to ask? What happened to the good ‘ol cartoons of the day? Looney Tunes, Bugs Bunny…all of that?! Now it’s all computer animated mumbo jumbo that’s not even fun.

Boo. Hiss.

So in the spirit of Taking Back Cartoons, I would like to share the best Bugs Bunny cartoon of all time:

2 comments:

Adam Solomon said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5im0Ssyyus

AnonymousBlogger said...

Yeah, what the hell happened to those old school Disney cartoons? Those were sweet.

Cleaning out your closets is like going to the dentist. You never want to go, but afterwards, you think how clean they look. It kind of makes it worth it.