Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ode to my city---

Things I love about Portland

The view from the crest of the Fremont Bridge going south.

The view from the Rose Garden.



All of my bridges.

Especially this one:

The Lucky Lab on Hawthorne—even though I don’t own a dog.

The 7 million other brewpubs.


Cathedral Park



Waterfront Park

The Irish Festival at Kell’s

Tiny horses tied up to the old horse rings on random streets.


St. John’s Theater: first run movies for $3.75!


A pint of Ruby at McMenamins



Saturday Market


Farmer’s Market

Pioneer Square


The manic-depressive weather

Big Pink


Movies @ Pioneer Square in the summer

Zoo concerts

Sauvie Island


Ridiculous Portland Art


St. John’s

I’m missing about a billion things. City of Roses, I heart you.

6 comments:

Borya said...

I'm aware that this might go on your nerves but:

Jun 24 Portland OR – Roseland Theater

Ottmar Liebert in concert

:)

And now for the pleasing game:

Portland looks fantastic! I would like to visit it one day (the whole north west, tbh), giving that this day might be in a far, far away future.

Junniper, MPA said...

No, that doesn't get on my nerves! Haha! I will actually be in Alaska at that time, though, so I won't be able to see him.

Luz said...

Ok, make room! I'm moving to Portland! What little I saw a few years back, I really enjoyed and looking forward to returning to your lovely city in the near future! How I wish I were going up for the OL concert! ;-(

Matt Black said...

Yes, thanks for showing me that pic with the squirrel's dangly bits. Sick! haha :P

Yeah, Portland is a cool city. Of course I have to love Seattle better, it's just one of those things... ;)

AnonymousBlogger said...

I'll be honest, I giggled a little bit at "big pink".

Portland is sweet. I'd like to visit someday, and you will have to show me the town.

madge said...

Oh! I miss these things too.

I have such a long list of my own...one of these days I'll get around to sharing.

I would love to go to Alaska...one of these days.