Friday, June 08, 2007

Items of Note

Hello and welcome to the Friday before my last weekend of doing homework until September!

This is a beautiful moment for me. I have successfully survived my first year at graduate school without wanting to kill myself or others. For the most part, anyway. And I managed to do it while working full time, even though my boss made it very clear that she just “knew I wouldn’t be able to handle it.”

The term “suck it!” comes to mind.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In other news, the Paris Hilton hoopty-doo is just so ridiculous and embarrassing that that’s all I can really say at this point. I mean, we’ve hit 3500 dead in Iraq (and that’s just our peeps), a poor girl was kidnapped and murdered yesterday, another missing girl was found after a year, and all the media can talk about is Paris kicking and screaming back to jail.


Man.

Although I would like to see footage of her tantrum. I’ll admit that.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This weekend is my friend’s bridal shower, so that should be fun. I can’t believe their wedding is so close! It seems like only yesterday I was plotting their hookup. Sigh. They grow up so fast.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There are only 11 days (well, technically 12) until I am blissfully on vacation with my good friend Courtney up in the Last Frontier. I’m so fricketing fracking jumpety jackin excited that I use phrases like “fricketing fracking jumpety jackin.”


That reminds me I need to unbury my suitcase from my closet.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In still other news, I’m having some cat trouble.

Does everyone remember Bob? Well, Bob never came back after I splashed his little hide with water, but now we’ve got a new friend.



We’ll call her Bobette. Bobette is now enjoying taunting Jane through the window. At least this time, if I open the window and yell at her, she bolts for the night. But the little shit keeps coming back!

Sigh.

6 comments:

Cristina said...

Congrats on making it through the first year so well! Isn't it the best thing to prove your boss to be wrong? :D

And don't you know, the news about Paris Hilton are huge here too. And why should we care?!

So little left until Alaska!!

AnonymousBlogger said...

Congrats on the end of your first year. You made it!

I guess you will have to give Bobette the same treatment as Bob. Maybe that will scare her off for good. I mean, it did work once.

Matt Black said...

Congrats on your first year of grad school!

Luz said...

My belated Congrats on another successful semester. You go girl! Now it's time for a lil R & R! ;-)

McBean said...

I made that photo of Paris my wallpaper for a day because it made me so happy.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://hairtyson.com]Phen375 375[/url] are tablets that forbear slacken up on confederation weight. The same of these tabs has to be taken with fizzy water be illogical, round 20 minutes ahead of a collation, twice a day.