Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The cheese is old and moldy.

I’m really starting to wonder what’s up with Bob. He came around last night at about 9pm (so I was still awake and upstairs). My windows were open and Jane and I were chillin on the couch when we heard this “Meeerrrrrroooowww” coming from outside. I look out my window and sure enough, the little bugger was staring up at us from down below. Jane just kind of looked at him like he was a total idiot which I thought was kind of funny. But the little shit darling wouldn’t leave so I went and got a cup with some water in it and went to open my back door. My back door leads to stairs that go to the ground and Bob was at the bottom of the stairs staring up at me. I toss the water at him (missing him, somehow) and he bolted.

Two minutes later we hear it again: “meerrrrrrrooooooOOOOOWWW!!” This time I fill the cup full of water and open my back door. This time, Bob starts coming up the stairs as if I’m going to let him inside! What is the deal with this cat? Does he think he lives here? Does he think we’re friends? Do his owners neglect him so in some bizarre way he’s trying to be buddy-buddy with the strange woman that throws water at him? I can’t say I know, but I was so surprised by him running at me that I tossed the water and this time got him good, right on the back. He bolted again, this time not to return.



And of course now I’m feeling guilty. I threw water on a cat that is obviously in some major need for lovin. Either that or it was a ploy to jump me and scratch my eyes out. But you know what? The little bugger keeps waking me up at 4am! He needed some water on his hide! Right?! Right?? Damn. I’m rationalizing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

ANYWAY, in other news, I must admit I am rather liking the new Justin Timberlake song, “SexyBack.” This is a little out of the ordinary since I don’t really listen to hip hop or pop or whatever you want to call it, but I can’t help myself—I love this song! A similar phenomenon happened a couple years ago with Britney Spears’ song “Toxic.” Something about it kind of makes me want to go find somebody to make out with.



I just noticed that both of these songs have “X”s in them. Maybe there’s something about the sound “X” makes. X. X. x. Hm. Nope, nuthin.

Good lord I’m weird.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I bought a new car stereo on Friday. A very nice gentleman at Car Toys hooked me up. I had to pay for the installation (usually it’s free) because Idiot Criminal cut my wires, but all in all it was a pretty good deal. And it’s just so lovely:

And he said if I come back (maybe next month) he’ll give me a deal on some new speakers because as he put it, and I quote, “You need new speakers. The installation guy and I were just talking about how crappy they are. It only takes 10 minutes to install them.” I’d be offended but he’s right—they are crappy. I just don’t want to buy speakers that are going to make me go bumping to the base line down the road like some moron. And guys, if you do that, stop. It’s not sexy. You look like an idiot.

So if you see a girl rockin out to SexyBack in her little white Honda, be sure to wave. It’s probably me.

1 comment:

AnonymousBlogger said...

Haha, yeah I was going to say, I'm sure we can expect to see a girl listening to SexyBack on her new CD player.

I don't like Justin Timberlake, but he does dress well. I like the suit he's wearing on the cover of his CD.

What you did to Bob is completely acceptable. 100%. Many cats are arrogant, egotistical beasts, and they need to be put in their place.