Thursday, May 10, 2007

Goodbye my lover

Well, I’m afraid one of my husbands and I had to part ways.

This sort of thing just isn’t acceptable.

Bye Ty, you were a hot one!


……

In other news, I went and saw Spiderman 3 on Sunday – and only paid $3.75 bitches. I love cheap first-run theaters. It’s the best kept secret in North Portland, I’ll tell you that. The theater wasn’t even all the way full!

Has anyone seen this? I’d be curious to know your opinions of it. I was entertained of course, but there were parts where I just couldn’t help but think “are you kidding me?”





……

Now I’d like to tell you a little story about my friend Marie*. Marie dated Jason in college for a few years. They were pretty serious…talking marriage, the whole shebang. At one point, Jason had one of those early-20’s crises that seem to afflict men of this age—where they start dressing like slobs, don’t give a crap about anything, but still think they’re the shit. Now, thankfully, not all guys go through this, but Jason did.

Their relationship suffered, he started cheating on her, and they broke up.

Before they broke up, Jason actually failed out of college. His grades were so poor that he was kicked out. So he decided to go to culinary school. He didn’t tell anyone (except Marie) that he failed out of school—he said he dropped out to become a chef. Unfortunately, his credit was so awful that he couldn’t get a student loan for culinary school. So Marie, in the dumbest move of her life, co-signed a loan so he could go to school.

Most people would say that was very generous of her. Jason, after they broke up, didn’t give a rat’s ass, and wouldn’t pay his loans (any of them), so Marie has been stuck paying off the loan she cosigned for the last three years. She’s called him, emailed him, written him, hell even had me try calling him, but he’s ignored her all this time. So she steadily pays off the $5000 loan because she has no choice (he actually has a total of over $40,000 in loans that he isn’t paying).

Last week, Marie and I were having a MySpace marathon because we were both bored at work (Marie lives in another state now). At one point, she was on my page, then clicked over to a mutual friend, and then clicked over to another friend, who’s page had a comment from someone named “Jason.” She couldn’t tell who he was from the picture so she clicked over. Sho ‘nough, it was him.

Marie called me and we started looking over his page, discovering that not only was he getting married but having a child!! How he expects to afford raising a child I do not know. Marie was understandably pissed.

And then curiosity got the better of her. When they were still together, she used to check his email for him. So she tried logging in to his myspace to see if he would be dumb enough to still use the same password.

Yes, he’s dumb enough.

I made the suggestion, half-joking, that she should change something that he wouldn’t notice. Then she laughed and half-jokingly said that it was a good idea. Then we decided, not joking anymore, that she should do it.

His “about me” section said I went to college, dropped out, and became a chef. Well Marie decided to change that “dropped” to “failed.”

I thought it was beautiful. He still hasn't noticed, and it still says "failed out" on his page.

She’s now second-guessing herself and wondering if it was bad. Personally, I think the punk ass deserves it. But, my dear readers, what do you think?


Was Marie out of line?
No, that punk ass totally deserves it.
No, she should have done something worse to him, though.
It's funny, but immature.
Yes, she was way out of line.
I don't know.
Who cares?
Free polls from Pollhost.com




I hope you enjoy this beautiful Thursday.

*Names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent.

5 comments:

Adam Solomon said...

Not even a question: No, she should have done something worse to him, though.

I mean, if I were her, I'd wreak total havoc on the punk. But, that's just me.

Junniper, MPA said...

I agree completely. :)

Cristina said...

I agree completely as well. She was too good.

Adam Solomon said...

Yeah, I mean, last night my friend gave me her Facebook password (to delete a comment she made that she didn't want anyone seeing--she was having computer difficulties) and I did a lot more to her profile, and we're friends.

Is the change still there?

AnonymousBlogger said...

She should have totally fucked up his Myspace page. Really good. That would have been sweet.

I haven't seen S3 yet. I've heard mixed things, so I'm not sure what to think. I'll see it eventually, but the whole series has never been high on my "must see" list.

It will be no Children of Men. Let me tell you that!