Monday, May 14, 2007

Blubber


Just another manic Monday…

Actually, that’s not true. I’m so bored I could watch paint peel. The students are back for summer session, but almost no one takes summer classes, so it’s dull.

But outside is absolutely incredibly fantastically sunny!!




And it’s going to be 80 degrees! Tomorrow too!

I just don’t know what to do with myself! Of course I can’t really enjoy it because I have to work all day and I have class tomorrow, but I’ll be breakin open the sunroof this week for sure!

So how was your weekend?

Mine was OK. I had my weekend class again and it wasn’t as good as the class we had last month. We did a lot of the same thing over and over and it just really wasn’t catching my attention.

BUT, in a strange twist of fate, I ran into an old classmate of mine at my Starbucks on Saturday morning. I’ve known the guy since kindergarten, and I see him every once in a while (may 3 times in the last seven years). So I asked him what he was doing at my Starbucks, and it turns out he lives two blocks away from me! He’s been there for 8 months, and somehow we hadn’t run into each other yet! It was crazy. He also drives this fantastic yellow and black Mini Cooper. Lucky bastard. His girlfriend seemed nice, but not very friendly.

Anyway, that was my trip down memory lane for the day. He and I were in the same class for kindergarten and first grade, and we were the “smart kids,” put in AGP or TAG or whatever they call it these days. We did this advanced reading program in first grade because the other kids were still doing the See Spot run hoopla.

On Sunday I started teaching my sister how to drive! She’s almost 27 but just never got on the driving bandwagon. She needs to be able to drive for her new job, so she bought a car and got her permit the other day. So we had a driving session for a few hours, and she did really well. Still takes corners a little hard, but she’s getting better! And now I won’t have to drag her butt around because she’ll have her own car!


In other news, I ran into this video on YouTube and about died. This happened about 50 miles south of where I grew up, but eleven years before I was born. I couldn’t stop laughing because really…what the hell did they think was going to happen??





4 comments:

Cristina said...

Sounds like your sister's pretty good at driving, then.

I love the way most American cars are automatic - no gears. I supposedly can drive, but I wouldn't dare. If ever I need to drive it will be an automatic car :)

Junniper, MPA said...

Cristina--

That's funny--I actually prefer manual cars (with the gears)! My own car is a manual (also known as a stick shift). I just feel like I have more control over my car if I'm shifting and doing the work myself. :)

Whenever I drive an automatic (like my sister's new car), it feels weird because I'm always getting ready to shift or trying to find the clutch!

AnonymousBlogger said...

Haha. They need more explosives!!! They should have gone for a full ton.

I hope the driving goes well. Sounds like your sis knows what she's doing (she's learning from the best I'm sure) so I am sure she will pass her driving test on the very first try.

Matt Black said...

Dang. I wanted to be showered with Whale blubber!