Thursday, March 15, 2007

Ides of March

There are little tiny daffodils popping up outside my office! Spring is on the way! It’s taking its time, though—I had to scrape ice off my car this morning.

And how is everyone in the blogging world today?

I read this story this morning and I was beyond horrified. Horrified doesn’t even cut it, really.

I also just saw this story, which is very cool. Finally having a black Disney princess is extremely cool. Also, I will admit that I am thrilled that they’re actually doing a hand-drawn feature again!! I love the Pixar movies and Shrek and all that, but there’s something extra special about the classic hand-drawn Disney movies like Cinderella & Snow White.




On a completely unrelated note, I wish to share this video with you. This woman is certifiable! It is important to note, however, that Boric Acid is not toxic. It’s found in antiseptics and athlete’s foot meds and such. It’s probably not the best idea to rub it all over your skin like she did, but still. She is definitely psycho, though:





This is my last week for the term, then it’s two weeks off for Spring Break, baby! Not that I’m really doing anything special, I still have to work. But it’ll be nice not to worry about schoolwork for a couple weeks. Then April’s a new term.

What is it about college campuses in the springtime? They just have this fantastic feel to them, don’t they?

St. Patty’s Day is this weekend, which means drunk Irish people (and people who wish they were Irish) running amok about Portland. I will probably be joining in the festivities because I have a bachelorette party I’m attending on Saturday. It should be an adventure to say the least. Our first stop is a pole dancing class (yes, I said pole dancing) at Euphoria Studios in southeast. Yes, I will be taking pictures, no I will not be posting them!

Should provide good blogging material come Monday. ;)

5 comments:

AnonymousBlogger said...

I agree. It is time for a black Princess. Let's just hope the cray lady doesn't throw white powder on her.

OK as for the video, I think it's extreme to call it a hate crime. The fact the powder is white is probably a coincidence. That woman is still crazy though.

I think her and OJ have the same t-shirt.

I think we would all like to see pics of the pole dancing class. Videos too.

Matt Black said...

What was wrong with that woman?! Holy crap...

bella said...

Disney... I was glad to hear about that too. Thanks for the picture, had not seen it.

Cristina said...

I didn't know about Disney! Great news :D

madge said...

I made Steve watch that YouTube clip.

HOLY -!