Friday, March 30, 2007

Hair today, gone tomorrow

My window is open at work and I can hear that sweet sound of a ball hitting a bat from across campus. Oh how I love springtime and its baseball season glory.

You know what that means—Thirsty Thursday is coming soon!

In other news, I got a haircut that just about gave everyone around me a heart attack. In a good way, though, because it does indeed look fabulous. But I had quite long hair, and had long hair for a couple of years, and was ready for a change. Not to mention I have thick hair so it would take like 20 minutes to blowdry. Are you bored of this story yet and starting to scroll down? Anyway, I cut about 8 inches off, and my head feels so much lighter! You wouldn’t believe the pile of hair I left on the floor at the hairdresser’s. Now it’s about shoulder-length with fantastic layers that flip out and make me look like the diva that I am. ;)

The hairdresser was pretty funny. She was this cute little Asian lady who kept saying in her cute little Asian accent:

“Oh yes, this look cute. Make look younger!”

Then I had the

“Oooh, what yo friend say about you cut short??”

“I didn’t really tell anyone I was going to.”

“Oooh. Well what about yo boyfriend? What yo man say?”

Instead of saying “I don’t have one, and it wouldn’t matter what he said, anyway!” I just said, “Oh, I don’t have one.”

“Oooh, well this cut get you one.”

Hillaaaaaaarious.

Gotten lots of compliments already, so it was a good decision.

In other other news, my sister is moving back to Portland. She 1) Hates Seattle [sorry Tristan, I don’t know what her deal is] and 2) Hates the store she’s working in. So she got a job offer back in Portland, and she applied and was hired! It looks like she’ll be moving back in 5-6 weeks. Now I need to find a good excuse to get out of helping her move. ;)

Well that is all for now, my lovelies. Have a great weekend, relax with a beverage of your choice, and enjoy the sunshine if you have some.

10 comments:

AnonymousBlogger said...

Ah yes, baseball season. That reminds me that I have to do a baseball inspired update.

Kudos on the haircut. I hope your hairdresser is right and it proves to be good luck.

You know who we haven't heard about for a while? The recycle guy...

Maybe you and your sis can go prowl Portand and see what you can find.

madge said...

I love going to see the Beavers play!

My older is moving back to Portland from Seattle, too. Only she really likes Seattle.

My camera is a Nikon Coolpix 5200. It's a couple of years old but I still love it (there are several newer models) and I've even dropped it more than once. I am extremely partial to Nikons and can tell you that you'd be wise to invest in one!

madge said...

I left out the word sister. Older sister!

Luz said...

YEAH! The boys of summer are back! About time to catch a baseball game and it has been quite awhile since I've attended a game. So when do we get to see a photo of the new HDO? I am sure thinking about doing the sames as well! Love the part where your stylist tells you, "Ohhh, this cut get you one'! Can't wait to hear all about your new man when he comes into your world! ;-) BTW, beverage of choice was three sodas! Cannot tell you the last time I had three sodas in one day! YUCK! However, this last one I poured was a rum & coke! Much better! Today we were supposed to have sunshine but the clouds stayed and lingered longer than the freakin weatherman had predicited. NO matter, kept the temps down lower as already temps have been hovering around 78-80!

Cristina said...

My dad loves baseball and he hates the fact that it never became popular in Spain. He watches any match he comes across, regardless of the time, which is usually very late at night. I don't dislike it but I always think I'm missing some rule or something.

I usually cut my hair too at this time of the year. This year - because of the wedding - I can't and it's bothering me!

Monkey said...

“Oooh, well this cut get you one.”

I love this! I've heard the exact same words before...

Spring! Oh Spring! I love Spring. I must laugh at the Portland Beavers. But truly, I can't laugh too hard, we have the "Portland Sea Dogs". Sea what? you ask?

Sea Dogs!

Ahem.

Congrats on the haircut. That always feels good.

Tristan Pipo said...

What? Not liking Seattle. Well fine then.

I think it's about time I go get a haircut myself. But it always seems like such a pain in the ass to do. Because I never know what I want. My usual response. Something so I can wake up. Run a comb through it and be out the door.

I left Seattle for Indianapolis for a few years. That was a mistake. They always come back.

Back to Monday. Ugh.

McBean said...

Post a picture of the new do!

Matt Black said...

She doesn't like Seattle? What is there not to like about Seattle? Well aside from it being a ridiculously expensive city to live in.

I lived in Denver for 5 years and couldn't wait to come back. I love Seattle. No matter where I live it will always be my home town.

Anonymous said...

eg var ad leita ad, takk