Monday, November 20, 2006

Visiting the Bitter Barn

I'm totally in the Bitter Barn today. I'm not really sure why, but I'm feeling extra crappy and snotty today. Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's the homework free-for-all I have going on, maybe the snot is running out of places to go. Who knows. But I am a Grumpy Grumpterton because of it.

And I have noticed a side effect of my current ailment. I have zero sympathy for people who have colds. Absolutely zero. I just want to take their little heads in my hands, shake them a little, and say, "Sick?? You think you're sick?! I'll show you sick, punk!"

My sister is the latest victim of this side effect. I had a very difficult time not rolling my eyes as she sniffled and looked pathetic and complained that she felt stuffed up.

Stuffed. Up.

I wanted to kill her.

Yes, I realize this is extremely insensitive, but I'm just about to the brink of can't-take-it-anymore status. I'm starting to consider snorting Diet 7up like my dad suggested. Sure, he was joking, but what the hell? Nothing else has worked.


So on that happy little rant (I'll work on my attitude problem, I promise), I would just like to say, I am really excited for some turkey. So excited, in fact, that I felt it necessary to draw you a picture of said turkey, pre-head chopping off:



I just hope my sister is feeling better by Thursday. Because if she talks about her cold during our commute to visit the fam, I might just have to stuff her little snot box in the trunk.


And because I'm not totally selfish, I just need to say that this is really awful.

Oh, and also? HAHAhahahaahaHAHAHAhahaha!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your turkey picture! Too cute.

I hate homework. Why the need, professors, to have Thanksgiving-week due dates? Why? Assholes.

Cristina said...

Cute turkey!

For your sister's sake (and yours too!) I hope you both are feeling better on Thursday :P

Anonymous said...

Yes, Junniper. For the rest of your life, you will be able to look down upon those of us who suffer from mere colds consisting of runny and stuffed up noses.

I forgot you guys down there are celebrating Thanksgiving soon. It just seems so close to Christmas though. But hey, you can't break from tradition.

Monkey said...

1. I hope the mucus blues get solved soon. It sounds like hell.

2. Snorting Diet 7Up works. Or so I've been told. Ahem.

3. I'm head over heels for your Turkey drawing and we are getting married next week.

4. Why don't school buses have seatbelts?

5. Oh yes, I laughed and rejoiced too.

Luz said...

Ditto on what Monkey said...except that I'm not getting married next week! ;-)

Just Me said...

You know what I don't understand? How people can even begin to put something together like the OJ scenario...and then cancel it once media attention & public outrage indicate it's tastelessness. Duh! The publisher didn't figure that one out before? It's like they want to push the envelope....let's just take a chance on this. You know...it could go either way. Gimme a break! They should've known better in the first place....ok... done ranting,