Thursday, September 28, 2006

Meanwhile, back on the farm

I'm starting to minorly freak out. I know it's not going to help if I have a freak fest, but this is getting ridiculous.

The antiobiotics are not working. Again. I have now taken two courses, and things are still infection-y. Bad bad bad, Leroy Brown.

So I had to go get a CAT Scan today.



I've never had one before (or any X-Rays for that matter--well, other than the dentist). It was trippy.

Of course what is a CAT Scan without a story to go with it??

So yesterday my doctor's office calls me and tells me to go to back to my doctor's office and go down to X-Ray across the hall. They'll be expecting me, and I can just show up anytime between 8am and 5pm Monday through Friday. Of course they're not open on weekends or after work because, well, that would be helpful. So I decide to go first thing this morning to avoid lines so I can get to work.

I go to X-Ray…I wait for about five minutes or so, and it’s eerily quiet and no one is there. So at 8:05 I go upstairs to the reception area and ask the lady if I’m supposed to check in or anything. And she says, “Oh, they’re open at 8 so they should be there very soon. If you just hang out down there, they’ll show up.” So I go back down. At 8:25, I'm still alone & quite annoyed so I walk over to the nurse’s station and say, “What is up with X-Ray?” and she says “They’re not open until nine. There’s an X-Ray across the building that opens at 8, you can go over there.”

So this is annoying in itself because
1. The chick on the phone is a retard &
2. The chick at reception is a retard.

But I haul my butt over to the other X-ray and say “Hi, I’m supposed to come over here and get a CT scan on my sinuses.”

“Do you have an appointment?”

“No, they told me just to show up between 8 and 5.”

“Well, we don’t talk walk-ins, they’re by appointment.”

Silent rage.

“Let me see if you’re in the computer……………no, you’re not in here.”

More silent rage. I think she recognizes it.

“I’ll call back there and see if they can squeeze you in.” [insert Jeopardy music here] “Yeah, they can take you. It will probably be about a half an hour.”

Luckily I only waited about 15 minutes and they got me in.

So now I wait, with my radioactive head glowing---


4 comments:

bella said...

I can't believe you are still that sick. So what did they say?

Junniper, MPA said...

I know, it's ridiculous isn't? But it's so tragic I just can't help but laugh!

And I won't know for a couple of days--they have to develop the scan and then look at it and then call me. So maybe tomorrow, but probably Monday.

AnonymousBlogger said...

Forget my blog, this is excitment. I'm sure whatever they say, it'll be easily treated. Perhaps a CAT scan would have been prudent months ago. But then what do I know? I didn't go to med school.

Cristina said...

My! It's awful when the easiest things turn out to be so complicated.

I'm sure the results will help you finally shed your [insert proper name for longest cold ever]. Let us know about it :)

Have a fabulous weekend!