Thursday, September 21, 2006

Arms, legs, and shoes

OK, what is going on? They keep finding body parts in the Columbia River. First they found a body in a bag, and then they found an arm, and now they’ve found a leg (and I mean they just now did). What the dilio? Is it just somebody who got mad and killed his/her family or do we have a serial killer thing going on?

They also found some human remains on the coast. Of course the media is in a frenzy saying it might be Brooke Wilberger, but I don’t think they’ll get that lucky. I’m afraid they’ll never find the poor girl. I kind of hope it’s her, so her family can be at peace, and then maybe they can find some evidence to convict a killer.

Heebie-jeebies abound.

I went to the doctor yesterday, and my lungs are still clear, so this is good. I’m not Typhoid Mary or anything like that.

I do, however, have a raging sinus infection, and it’s not a good sign that the last antibiotics didn’t work. So they put me on some serious Augmentin which is a bitch on your stomach, but it’s supposed to kill just about anything. So if that doesn’t work, they’re going to do a cat scan on my face to make sure it is an infection, and then if it is, they’ll do this lovely procedure that basically flushes out the sinuses. It is supposedly very unpleasant, so let’s hope I don’t have to do that. I’ll let you know next week.

I’ve also decided that I’m going to be a little delinquent and buy some new shoes with some of my extra loan money for school. I don’t have it yet, which makes this terrible that I’m already mentally spending money that I don’t have, but I’m sick, so I can do what I want. ;)

I got a coupon in the mail for 20% off a total purchase at an Aerosoles store. These shoes are kind of spendy, but they’re really good for your feet. Plus, they’re cute! I decided I need a good brown pair and a good black pair (to get the most outfit-matches out of the purchase), and I think I’ve decided on these two:

(The brown ones)

(The black ones)

And then I kind like these too....
(The ivory or blue ones)

But first I need some cash-mo.

On a final note, even though I despise Wal-Mart (for many reasons), I think this is very interesting. I think it will help a lot of people.

10 comments:

Just Me said...

Just beware of the fact that too much antibiotics can sometimes destroy the good bacteria in the intestines. Eat yogurt to keep your body in balance!! Geez...I always sound like a mother!

I hope you feel better soon.

Just Me said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bella said...

With a title of arms, legs, and shoes... you just can't go wrong! Shop on!

bella said...

And I hope you feel better soon as don't have to go through any tests :(

Tristan Pipo said...

This sounds like a serious issue. The shoes. Well being the male that I am that is great you have an interest in that. But did you hear that we may have a delay in the Memron Processors in the Mac Book Pros until 2007? How nuts is that.

Anyways hope all is well!

Junniper, MPA said...

Heather--Don't worry, I'm being careful! I've got yogurt and acidophilus, so hopefully I won't have any intestine (or other area) problems!

And thanks Linda! :) I will shop on!

Junniper, MPA said...

Tristan--

There may be a delay in the Memron Processors in the Mac Book Pros until 2007!??

GASP!!!

AnonymousBlogger said...

I’ve also decided that I’m going to be a little delinquent and buy

As soon as I read up to that, I knew the word "shoes" was going to appear. I like the blue ones in the 3rd pic best.

Lets hope the antibiotics clear things up. I don't know how they do that sinus thing, but it sounds like it might not be the funnest thing in the world.

Good on Wal Mart. I assume they are doing it as a ploy to get people into their stores and hope they buy other products along with their meds, but still. Or maybe it's a publicity stunt aimed at getting good PR. They could pull the plug on this next month for all we know.

greg said...

You like shoes more than anyone I've ever met in my life.

Sidenote: How far is Portland from Olympia?

greg said...

Kristi just moved to Olympia for Americorps.