Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The human torch was denied a bank loan.

My boss was freaking me out yesterday.

I told her that I’m going to take a long lunch tomorrow to go to Portland State to take care of a few things before I start school on the 25th. Because she is losing her mind a little at a time, she apparently completely forgot that I’m starting grad school. Then she started asking me 20 questions and freaked out when I said I was taking 3 classes. “Who’s your advisor letting you take 3 classes when you’re working full time?!” and other unhelpful comments.

Of course, she doesn’t know that I don’t really plan on being at this job for much longer (I’ll start looking for something else in January). But really. Does she need to be like that? First of all, I’m not worried about it. Yes, I know I will be a busy mo fo. Yes, I’ll probably have days where I’ll be stressed out. But I knew that going into this new endeavor and now she’s making me second-guess myself. No, no. Not cool.













Ugh. Oh well.

On a side note, stop this silliness, people.

On a side-side note, I decided to change my picture/avatar/profile thing. Of course half the time it doesn’t show up and is still showing my old one. This is strange to me. And yes, I tried re-publishing my whole blog. Oh well. If you want to see my new pic, it shows up when you view my profile. This is a picture of my bridge—the same one hanging on my living room wall. It was a limited edition print taken by Ray Atkison. They printed 400 (they’re all numbered) with the proceeds going to the re-lighting of the St. John’s Bridge.

In other news, Macy’s had its grand opening this weekend in Portland. There are five or six in the metro area, but the best is downtown in the old Meier and Frank building (not to mention my sister is a manager there). But it looks like they’re really stepping up and making the place more presentable—which is quite a task because it’s an old-ass building. But oh so pretty.



Also had dinner at Alessandro’s, which was orgasmic. This adorable Italian guy (either the owner or manager I believe) was quite attentive and made sure everything was excellent (which it was, lemme tell ya). He even kissed us on the cheeks when we left! !Molto buono!



After the cute Italian man we went to the Comedy Club, and I will say this was the funniest bunch I’ve seen yet. Damn I love that place. They have the best Hurricanes there, too. So for a good laugh in Portland, Oregon, head down to Harvey’s.

7 comments:

Just Me said...

Any woman who calls a meal "orgasmic" is my kinda gal!

Poor stingrays...honestly...and we're supposed to have evolved in the last few thousand years? Do those people think they're teaching the stingrays a lesson: one that they will pass down to their children?

Dave said...

orgasmic dinner and comedy club- does life get better?

good luck starting school.

AnonymousBlogger said...

To hell with your boss. To hell.

This isn't about her. Or the company. This is about you. Forget about them.

Macy's is pretty cool. We always go to one when we're down in the US. Very classy.

I have never been to a comedy club. I will have to check one out.

Cristina said...

I love that picture!! It must look great in your living room :)

Luz said...

Ditto on what JustMe said! Ok, did I miss the photo?

Adam Solomon said...

Gah! I keep forgetting/not having time to read your blog. So sorry :( How are things?

Borya said...

You should visit Europe for more of this kind of meals and guys. in case you need some advice one day... :)