Thursday, June 29, 2006

Here comes ze bride...

I have a horrible “tan” line on my forearm. Methinks I’m going to have to fix that tonight. I say “tan” because it’s not a real tan. It came from a can. Usually I don’t care if I have fair skin, but since I’m wearing a lime green dress this weekend, I figured it might look a teensy bit better if I had a lovely golden glow.

And for the most part, it actually does look fairly lovely. Except this funky monkey streak on my arm. But that is why I did it on Wednesday night so I could fix it by Saturday. See? I’m smart sometimes.

Bridezilla tried to get me to just go tanning in those evil tanning beds, but I refuse.



I have zero intention of dying of skin cancer, thankyouverymuch. My two best friends, however, may not live to be 50. They are tanning bed queens. I was even giving them a lecture the other day and Bridezilla said, “I don’t want to be pasty white for my wedding!” and I retorted “Do you want to die when you’re 35???” And she responded “At least I’ll die married!

Good lord this chica needs a reality check.



Last night I had some good times with some old friends from college that I haven’t seen in a couple of years. They’re pretty much the same—pot-smoking alcoholics—but you know, sometimes those people can be fun. The guy I used to like was there (not one of the pot-smoking alcoholics) and trying (unsuccessfully) to flirt with me, and I was like HA! You missed this boat, bubba!! [Did I just call myself a boat?]

They are having a block party on the fourth, though, so methinks I’ll just have to deal with being hungover at work on the 5th. Personally, I think it’s a travesty that I have to work on the 5th. Fireworks don’t even start until 10. My bedtime is 10! But we’re going to go anyway I think. I mean, it’s a block party. They even got permits to close down the street and block it off.

Anyway, I should probably get some, I dunno, work done. So it will be a few days before I post again since I’m leaving for the coast tonight to head down for the festivus.

I promise I’ll try not to laugh during the ceremony.

2 comments:

AnonymousBlogger said...

They are having a block party on the fourth, though, so methinks I’ll just have to deal with being hungover at work on the 5th.

I think you can be forgiven if you come hung over to work once.

For some reason, I was thinking about tanning while walking home from work tonight. I decided I would never use the beds. Only the cans. But I'd never actually use the sprays either because I'm never that white.

I can't wait to hear how the wedding goes.

Cristina said...

I can't believe your friend, 'Bridezilla' actually said that! Scary!

Anyway, hope you're having fun despite the craziness of the whole thing :)