Monday, October 30, 2006

Why does it have to be so dark outside?

So no balls.

We searched for a couple of hours (half of which my little brother and sister spent “getting water because it will be easier to find them”), and eventually gave up the search.



So we decided to cheat. We drove over to this little shop down the highway that sells the glass floats. Bro and sis were kind of disappointed that we didn’t find any, so I figured we could buy a couple as consolation prizes.

WELL. We did find a couple to buy, but the guy at the shop informed me that the floats aren’t on the beach, they’re above the beach in the grassy areas hidden near rocks.

(!!!)

I’m sorry, did the Oregonian not say that the floats are hidden below the embankment and above the high tide line in the sand?? Is there any way to read that? I think not. So I was pretty annoyed. But we still had fun.

:::::::

The reason I went to the coast was actually because it’s my little sister’s 10th birthday today, so I wanted to go see her and give her her present. Also, I hadn’t seen the fam since before my birthday, so I figured now was a good time.

I bought her a little battery-operated pottery wheel with some air-drying clay and paints. She opened it and exclaimed with joy, “A POT-MAKING KIT!!



I’m happy to say she didn’t understand why my parents and I were cracking up.

:::::::

The Halloween party I attended on Saturday night started out fun, but by the end of the night I thought I might murder my best friend. I don’t know what the hell was wrong with her, but she was out of control. Somehow she got pissed and started trying to ditch us in downtown Portland at 2 in the morning (drunk off her ass of course). I was sober (although at this point I wished I wasn’t), so that made it even more irritating. Long story short, she was ridiculous. I give her some credit because she actually apologized the next morning without me having to say a word, but it ruined the whole night. And that’s all I have to say about that.

:::::::

In other news, I bought new speakers for my car at Car Toys. No, I’m not going bumping down the road, I just needed new ones because the ones I had in there came with the car back in ’89. When they took them out, they showed them to me, and all I can say is “YUCK.” No wonder my music sounded crappy. But the new ones are lovely.



:::::::

Speaking of my car, one of my seat belts is broken (the part you click the belt into). So I called around to try and find one in a salvage lot or something (since my car’s an ’89). WELL, here is some news for you Honda owners out there. I discovered in my searching that Honda has a lifetime warranty on seatbelts! I went to a Honda dealer last night, and they are going to replace my seat belt and I don't have to pay a dime. I mean, I figured I'd get the part for free, but I don't even have to pay labor!

:::::::

And I got another @&#*%^ parking ticket from the University of Utah.

:::::::

Happy Halloween!

7 comments:

Matt Black said...

Hey Jennifer! I finally came back to blogger. Blogging on myspace was annoying. Hope things are going well...

brah.john said...

Damn, I hope you can get the University of Utah to get you out of their system. That is just scary that they refuse to delete you from their system....

AnonymousBlogger said...

LOL at the parking ticket.

LOL at the "pot making kit". She's going to go to school at tell everyone that her older sister from Portland bought her a pot making kit.

Cristina said...

Another parking ticket?

I say you call them again and treat us to a transcrript of the telephone conversation :P

Adam Solomon said...

hehe....pot making kit.

Damn Mormons.

Adam Solomon said...

And I second Cristina's motion.

Anonymous said...

lesa allt bloggid, nokkud gott