Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Schneikies



Good attempt at my ridiculous movie quotes. Tristan obviously won, but it was a valiant effort by all! I went ahead and added the answers in case you’re just dying to know them, as I know you all are!

I have a book recommendation for you all. The World is Flat, by Thomas Friedman, is really interesting. He published The Lexus and the Olive Tree back around 2000 or so. He’s somewhat of a globalization expert, but his writing is really excellent. He’s also a journalist, which I think helps him write well.

I also can’t stop listening to KT Tunstall’s album, “Eye to the Telescope.” It’s been a while since a female solo artist caught my attention (I don’t know why, but usually it’s the menfolk that I like to listen to). The best songs on the album are definitely “Stopping the Love” and “Heal Over.” So whenever you feel like chillin with some chick music, I’d recommend a listen.


And I bought a lovely wallet that I didn’t need and couldn’t afford, but I don’t care so what are you going to do about it?? Isn’t it pretty? I got the blue one.


In other news, just how hard did this dude have to hit that painting to actually puncture it? I demand a study on this, as I am quite horrified.

In other other news, I’m feeling a bit snobbish today because about 10 of my classmates have done their debates for class, and I’m really just not impressed. I mean, I know it isn’t a cutthroat debate by any means, but some gusto wouldn’t hurt! Of course I’m probably jinxing myself and I’ll get a crappy grade on Monday when I do mine. Humph.

In other other other news, I re-potted my two plants in my office, and they’re already looking a little perkier. I am not a domestic goddess. I can cook and I can clean, but that’s about it. I don’t sew, I don’t make miraculous furniture arrangements that look like Trading Spaces attacked, and I do not have a green thumb. I kill plants regularly. I finally just bought some silk flowers (that look totally real, by the way), and they’re much prettier and low maintenance.



OK, that’s enough rambling. Off I go!

3 comments:

AnonymousBlogger said...

I considered buying that book, but decided against it because it's hardcover and really expensive.

I could get it from the library, but I take so long to read books, that I'd have to renew it god knows how many times.

But I will read it at some point.

Never heard of KT. But she looks hot, so there's potential.

I like Steve Wynn's reaction after he ripped the painting: "Oh shit, look what I've done". It sounds so rich-guy like.

Tristan Pipo said...

No Trophy?

Luz said...

Happy Belated Birthday!