Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Optical Intercourse

What's that you say?

Read this fascinating story from March 2006's Chronicle of Higher Education.

A little excerpt for your enjoyment/amazement/disbelief:

Even couples who are not talking or touching can be reprimanded. Sabrina Poirier, a student at Pensacola who withdrew in 1997, was disciplined for what is known on the campus as "optical intercourse" — staring too intently into the eyes of a member of the opposite sex. This is also referred to as "making eye babies." While the rule does not appear in written form, most students interviewed for this article were familiar with the concept.

Visit the school's website.



This picture from the website looks pretty questionable...doesn't it look like that guy and polka dots are making "eye babies"?? And you know he's thinking, Sweet, a threesome.






Now they are definitely sitting too close here. And I'm pretty sure he's staring at her boobs.

A look at their application is interesting (you can find a PDF link to get a good look).


DISCUSS.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you a single parent? No Yes*
* Please type an explanation in the text box below.


Oh my!

Well let's see. I had this fuck buddy and I was on the pill, you know, but it didn't work. In fact it worked fuck all.*

Ahem.

*True Story of how the amazing and wonderous Boy came to be.

Unknown said...

P.S. Monkey is appalled that I left this comment. He thought that a Stork brought the Boy.

Adam Solomon said...

Jenniper, I think coming to Yale was a mistake:

"Unfortunately, Satan doesn’t want you to choose a Christian college. He wants to control your future. He often convinces young people to believe the following myths about Christian colleges."

http://www.pcci.edu/WhyAttend.html

If only I'd known a year ago!

Matt Black said...

Ooooh! I'm sending in my app and writing my entrance essay as we speak!

"Optical Intercourse." If only that were as satisfying as the real thing... :P

I agree with you about the second picture. I'm sure he's looking at her boobs. Also, what is he hiding with that notebook? And what is SHE looking at? He's got a pretty big grin on his face.

Cristina said...

I can't decide whether to laugh or be scared. But I do agree with Maynard - surely that notebook looks too suspicious.

Junniper, MPA said...

Monkey's Human Ah yes, that was one of my favorite questions. On the PDF application, it also asterisks "divorced" and "separated." Then says to attach a letter of explanation! Yikes.

Adam I know, I was thinking the same thing! Maybe they have an MPA program for me there. ;)

Maynard My coworkers and I were discussing how fun it would be to fill out an application that would cleary be rejected (for example: I'm a single mom because I used to be a prostitute). We wanted to see what the rejection letter said! :)

Christina Yes...that notebook does look suspicious...

Adam Solomon said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e647x8xFKTs&mode=related&search=

Why oh why didn't we let them secede when we had the chance?

Junniper, MPA said...

Hahahaha! "Comedian John Stewart and his hooligan sidekick Stephen Colbert"

Hooligan. I love that word. I'm so bringing it back now.

And that man looks like a zombie.

AnonymousBlogger said...

Religion.....

And the height/inches question made me laugh. They have thought of everything there.

Oh, and if that dude is looking for a threesome, he should look elsewhere. Oh!

Junniper, MPA said...

Oh. My. God.

I just noticed on their PDF application they ask for your ethnicity and one of the choices is Oriental!! Food and rugs are Oriental. People are ASIAN.