Thursday, April 26, 2007

I could use a milkshake right now.

I have this weird tingle above my right eyebrow, and I don’t know why…it kind of tickles. I wonder what the cause be?

I also have a pinching problem in my left thumb.
Maybe I’m not drinking enough H20 today. I’ll get right on that.

What is new in your world, dear reader?

I got a new cell phone yesterday (thank you Verizon New Every Two).

It’s a pretty red Samsung. It also has an LED screen on the front so I can see who’s calling without having to flip her open.



And is it no longer possible to get a phone without a built-in camera? I don’t mind the camera, but I think it’s weird that non-camera phones seem to have become extinct. I did use it last night to set my phone wallpaper—a picture of Jane scowling at me.

I downloaded a ringtone that threw me off guard—the actual song plays, not just notes from the chorus. So voices come out of it like the radio. Trippy.

I’ve got it set to play “You Shook Me All Night Long.”

In other news, I have two papers to write this weekend. If you could see me, you could tell that I am not enthused about this. Especially because it’s supposed to be sunny this weekend.

While I’m on the subject of school, let’s discuss group projects for a moment. There’s this thing in my program where all of my classes have group projects. No, really. Every class I’ve taken has had a group project.

I don’t mind working with people, but I can’t stand group projects. I always get stuck with people who don’t do their share, don’t contribute anything intelligent, or just downright annoy the crap out of me. Not to mention, when you work full time and go to school full time, it’s hard to schedule group meetings.

So one of my group projects this year is in my Adminstrative Theory class. And there’s this guy in my class who will not leave me alone. It’s really weird. I can’t tell if he’s just persistent or if he might actually be trying to hit on me. I can’t tell! I don’t want to sound like I think I’m all that or anything…guys never hit on me—which is probably why I can’t tell.

Anyway, this kid is also one of those annoying people who talk just to hear themselves, rarely have anything worthwhile to contribute, and also does this bizarre running commentary under his breath during class. He's also bogarts presentations and does the "one idea I had..." thing when it wasn't even his idea. It doesn’t help that he grew up in Pendleton, population 1500, mostly from incest (OK, that’s an exaggeration). But rumor has it that he was the president of the Young Republicans club in undergrad, so that’s not very promising.

But he has asked me on several occasions if I want to be in his group for this project. I really want to say, “no, you bug the crap out of me,” but I feel like that’s kind of mean. Rather, I say “I haven’t decided what I want to do my project on, so I’ll let you know.”

But he won’t let it go, people. He’s asked me three times now, and we’re forming groups tonight, so I need to figure out if I’m going to try and get out of it. What to do??

Sigh. Maybe I should get over it and realize that I’m always going to get stuck with people who bug me.

Yes, I’m a mean person.

But you have to love me anyway.

OK, I’m done bitching now.

4 comments:

Tristan Pipo said...

Projects are always a pain in the ass.

I deal with them all day long. Usually when I get a team together I sign them all up for basecamp accounts from a our good friends at 37signals.com

BaseCamp

Great Project Managment and forces people to report their time and gives a great overview of who has done what, where and with who and sometimes why.

I don't think you should discount yourself so much by saying guys don't hit on you. You are smart and beautiful and that's a double threat and most guys get slightly bothered by a woman who is smarter then they are. If he is an issue tell him to go fuck himself and leave you alone. That is will usually get the point across. Works for me nearly every time.

Verizon phone eh? Interesting choice. You can get the Palm Treo's without camera's and some of the lower end crappy models.

I have found that the best way to get a new phone that is drop dead sexy is when your plan is set to expire. Call your carrier and say you would like to cancel to move to (company b) that they offer (this cool plan) they will do anything to keep you even discount your phone for even cheaper or get you a better phone or give you a discount and throw in some extra feature.

Cheers! Good luck on the project.

madge said...

It could be a very small world.

Are his initials S.A.?

If so, please e-mail me at madge.w[at]gmail.com.

Thank you. We have a lot to talk about.

Anonymous said...

NO! Don't do it, form you own group, don't let the annoyinh people take over the world (okay, a bit exaggerated but you get the point)

AnonymousBlogger said...

Here's my two cents. He's hitting on you.

If he wasn't, he'd just move on and try to find someone else to join his group.

I believe it's just a matter of time before he asks you out.