Friday, September 01, 2006

She works hard for the money

A guy outside my window is serenading his girlfriend with “All You Need is Love,” and I must say they have attracted quite a crowd watching them. Quite entertaining, I must say. Oh, now they’re kissing. Say it with me: aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww…

Ahem.

I’m quite glad it’s Friday. I’m even gladder that tomorrow is Saturday and I can sleep in. I’m even more pumped that I have Monday off for Labor Day!


Whooppeeee!

Let’s discuss Labor Day here for a moment. Did they just decide, “You know, September’s boring. There are no holidays in September. Let’s put in a day that we can all get off work!” I find it inherently ironic of course that you’re celebrating workers while they’re not working. Furthermore, the only people who really get the day off are those with stuffy desk jobs like myself who, as much as I hate to admit, are the least likely to truly need the day off. I mean, what about the dudes slinging fish down on the docks or the grocery clerks scanning your food for hours at a time? Or the janitors of the world? They sure’s hell don’t get the day off. And I do! Paid, no less! I mean, what kind of holiday is this?! It’s more like, “Hey, we’re going to celebrate your labor. You know how? By making you work more! Back to the galleys, slaves!”

And to protest this silly, rather unfair holiday, I will be having a BBQ and drinking with my friends. [Come on, what am I gonna do, go to work anyway?]

In other news, I have bronchitis. And sinusitis. What is going on with my *@!#%! immune system?? WHY do I have bronchitis in August? And why have I had it for six weeks? And why does my physician assistant have to be so hot when I’m sitting there in a hospital gown?

Speaking of whys & hot guys (hey, that rhymed!), why does the hot recycling guy send his minions to come and get my recycling? Doesn’t he know that I like to be sexist and watch him lift that heavy recycling bin? And then watch his butt as he walks out the door? Someone memo him on this, please.



No, no, not like that!!!




Ah, yes, that’s better.

Have a good weekend, everybody!

4 comments:

Victor said...

Where DO you find all the pictures for your stories?! Ah, never mind on those last two. LOL

Yeah, I don't know what's up with Labor Day. Of course, I'd take more holidays throughout the year (if only The Man wasn't holding me down). But seriously, I see your point about Labor Day ironically not doing much for the laboring class (as with most holidays). It's just silly that every avenue of retail MUST be open 24/7/365. "POWER TO THE SHAREHOLDERS!"

AnonymousBlogger said...

I'm absolutely shocked and appalled that you could trivialize us males like that. Are we just an ass in pants to you girls? Are we just here to lift heavy things so you can gawk?

Singing at the girl's window? Should I be taking notes here? I know where Megan's house is, but not a specifc window. It would be a shame to get her sister's room by accident. Or her older brother's.

We also have Monday off here. I don't know what for. Most likely Labour Day too. The only difference being that we spell Labour with a "u". Because we're independant like that.

I will join you in protest by BBQing and drinking. Together, we can fight this.

Didn't you have bronchitis back in Feb? Here's a tip: don't stand by the window staring at the recycle guy all the time. Then you won't catch the chill.

Your first picture will haunt me in my dreams tonight. Thanks.

Sorry for all the sarcasm. I can't help it.

Cristina said...

Enjoy your "guilty" long weekend! In Europe Labour Day is on May 1st. There should actually be more of those. Celebrating work by not working (us lucky ones) is the best thing ever :D

bella said...

You are so funny. Hey - I'll take the days off worj for whatever reason... enjoy!