Monday, July 03, 2006

Alright, this is a long one...

Man I’m tired.

I swear I haven’t gotten a good night’s sleep since Tuesday.

So.

Bridezilla may have driven me completely crazy this last year with wedding madness, but I am happy to report that the end result was a blast.

And then the clouds opened up and the angels started to sing.

That was seriously the funnest wedding I have ever been to. And I’ve been to a lot of weddings.

I’ll start with Thursday, though. I left work a little early so I could get to the coast and get some last-minute stuff done before the big event. I helped my dad pick out a wedding gift for the couple, and just as we were getting ready to check out, he picked up a box of Mentos and was like, “Have you seen that thing on the Internet…” and I said, “with the Diet Coke? Yeah, I want to try that!” Then he looked at the Mentos, looked at me. I went and grabbed a 2-Liter of Diet Coke. And although it didn’t look as spectacular as those guys with the 100 bottles, our experiment was a success! It shot up quite high in the air!



Anyway, Friday I met up with Bride and her 3 bridesmaids from Montana and we went to lunch on the Bayfront and then pointed them in the direction of some good tourist-y stuff. Then Bride and I went to the resort for some last-minute decoration instructions and other details. Rehearsal was at four, and then we all headed to the rehearsal dinner at this fun lounge. After dinner the gals went back to the resort to supervise the installation of the altar. Their wedding was outside in this glen but they wanted a fun wooden altar to stand in front of, so my step-dad made them one. It turned out really well. Then we went back to our suite and drank some wine and chatted the night away.

Saturday morning we headed to the spa for hour-long full-body massages. And I tell you what, I could get used to that! I had never had a professional massage, and it was HEAVEN. I can’t justify getting them often since they cost $100/hour, but I think a once in a while massage might need to be in the plans for me from now on. After our massages we soaked in the spas and steam rooms and saunas and sunrooms all morning. It was fabulous getting pampered!

Then we headed back to the room to get ready. One of Bride’s fellow hairdressers who wasn’t a bridesmaid did all of our hair. The whole suite smelled like hairspray, lemme tell ya. She started with the bride, which took two hours, but it looked fantastic. Ours were a little quicker. But I must say it was a painful experience because she wanted kind of a bouffant half updo, so the tops of our heads were teased, which is essentially creating knots in your hair and then shellacked with hairspray.

I swear I used almost an entire bottle of conditioner just to be able to run my fingers through my hair the next morning. It was worst for me, too, because I have long hair. Ouch.

ANYWAY, the ceremony was short, sweet, and beautiful. And Bridezilla did not make an appearance, thank goodness. She was happy and pleasant all day. The reception was fantastic and the DJ perfect. We literally danced from about 8-midnight, so my legs are nice and sore now.

As for the dress, it stayed together and nothing busted out. The pearls? I got used to them. My hairstyle, even though it had a bottle of hairspray on it, fell out after two songs.

The parasols, you ask? In a funny twist of fate, I actually only carried the damn thing for a total of 20 seconds. I walked up the aisle with it open, and then closed it when I got to the altar. Then I was able to ditch the thing for the rest of the night. I mean, we took pictures with them, but other than that, I didn’t have to deal with it!

But I did get to keep it. ;)

We didn’t get to sleep until about 2am that night, but my co-maid of honor was off galavanting with some boys and decided that she’d just come back in the morning. Lucky me, she came knocking on the door at 4am. This must be why I’m tired!

But it really was a blast. It couldn’t have gone more smoothly, and our toast was a big hit. I was sad to have to say goodbye since she and her husband are moving across the country, but I’ll try to visit them soon. Hopefully she’ll be better now that the wedding is over!








Oh, and by the way. Those two friends I hooked up a few months ago? Yeah…he’s proposing tonight.

4 comments:

Cristina said...

Your wrote that yesterday? Then - how did it go with teh proposal? You really have a keen-eye as a matchmaker, I see that!

Good to see the wedding turned out so well :D Hehe, if your other friend said yes - which I hope she did - we can only hope she doesn't turn into Bridezilla, though it sure makes for funny posts :D

AnonymousBlogger said...

A great update. It's good to hear it all came together. It wasn't looking good for the longest time.

I've seen the mentos/coke thing, and it's really cool. I will have to try it myself.

Congrats to your friends on their engagment. Hey, you'll be able to go through this all over again soon!

Just Me said...

So glad it went well....and it's finally over!!!

Proposing??!!! Too fast, too fast.....

Adam Solomon said...

So I know this was a while back, but I just wanted to point this out, if your friend (the proposee) read this entry before that night....I'd laugh.